Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

'Awesome' Dominick Blaylock 'ready' to step-up after injury to starting wide receiver

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

image'Awesome' Dominick Blaylock 'ready' to step-up after injury to starting wide receiver

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Dominick Blaylock ready to step up after Kearis Jackson injury ATHENS — Georgia's wide receiver room should be

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

So Kearis Jackson gets a serious injury from another player wearing a cast and using it as a weapon? I wonder if this raises any concern with the NCAA powers-that-be? On another note, it is weird (in a good way) to realize that you lose a big time WR and plug in a 5* as well as the fact that Salyer and Webb are not currently active, yet no worries along the Great Wall. CKS definitely has depth perception.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Exactly what I was thinking. How in the world is it legal to have a cast on ANY portion of your upper body and still be allowed on the field?! This makes me spitting mad. I don't know the motives of the player Vanderbilt player with the cast but this definitely smells of foul-play. The NCAA indeed needs to address this exact subject. However (big however), all due respect to Mr. Jackson, I believe Blaylock will prove to be one of the better additions (in this case substitutions) for our offense in 2019 and ultimately the two years thereafter. Blaylock is special.

IMO Blaylock is the player with much higher ceiling when compared to Jackson. I also believe, by the time Jackson is fully healed, the starting job will be Blaylock's permanently; just as it was in the Eason/Fromm scenario.

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

Playing with a protective cast that is properly covered has been allowed for decades. The officials inspect all players for any infraction of the uniform code before each game. Nothing to see here...…...just part of the game and within the rules.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Football can be such a cruel game at times. Hand broken during a catch on a pass play.