Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Murray State coach: 'We're going to be the harder playing team'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageMurray State coach: 'We're going to be the harder playing team'

Murray State coach Mitch Stewart indicated the FCS Racers know they are in for a battle, but they plan to attack Georgia and make the Bulldogs' players bleed, too

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The standard is the standard. Anything less is a punishable offense.

Lets just make sure we hold the coaches to a standard as well.

can somebody please tell me where the toss sweep went??? I mean our tackles are huge and athletic so this should be a viable option or am I just a taking crazy pills?

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“your kids” instead of “you’re kids”...

• Options
    dawgs18dawgs18 Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As long as the coaches evaluate our performance and continually work on making improvements (which I expect with Smart), then it's all good. Final score really doesn't matter. I wouldn't expect as many penalties this game just because they are a weaker team, but hopefully we'll see solid play all the way around. It'd be nice to get a big enough lead at halftime to get the backups in to gain experience. I'd like to see the other QBs get some play time.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

7 TD favorite...I hope CKS makes sure everyone knows THAT is the standard, but they don't have to stop there.

That scoreboard needs to be lit up!

We kept the no. 3 ranking this week, but if OU wins again by a big margin, we may not get another pass.

Give those receivers the practice they need and turn Fromm loose!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loran, Georgia win by a wider margin than Oklahoma did against comparable competition. Not sure why you keep harping on that.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
  • Options

All I'm saying is that we scored 3 FGs in 2 1/2 quarters...for such a powerful OL, etc. it is disappointing that we couldn't adjust to what their defense was doing.

How is that worthy of a #3 ranking week after week?

Don't mean to sound negative, but at some point it will matter.

If we play a cupcake team, we should not be afraid to run up the score.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you @Loranwhaddayagot. I too, think that only mustering 9 points over the course of more than two quarters is not only disappointing, but downright pitiful. And we can't say we weren't trying because Fromm and that All-Universe O-Line played the entire game. We just didn't get it done. I was really surprised OU didn't overtake us for the #3 ranking (and I sort of wish they had because that would have maybe been some motivation for our guys). But as you said, if we don't up our game, -- and soon -- at some point our lackluster play is going to bite us in the butt. And by the way @E_Roc, Houston and Vandy are not comparable. I think Houston would beat Vandy 8 times out of 10. I also think OU would have beat Vandy by more than 24 points. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Realistically, Murray State shouldn't have a chance in hell, but lots of respect to their coach for promising not to run away from a fight. One game at a time Dawgs, one game at a time. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The #3 ranking is, of course, relative to other teams. Nobody ranked behind Georgia jumped off the screen this past week as looking particularly dominant from start to finish, when taking the level of competition into account. Yes, Houston wins some games against a bunch of nobodies. And sure they score a lot, but their defense is a sieve. It's hard to say how they would look against Vanderbilt; its quite possible they would win. My point was that they're not such a strong opponent that beating them by 18 is so thoroughly more convincing than beating Vandy by 24 that they should hop us. It is just week 1 after all.

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like their ****

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

“We’re going to be the harder playing team that day....” - Murray Head Coach Stewart. Um, Coach, that will probably be a safe bet, particularly if you watched the film of UGA's last 2 games. Our offense apparently was in Cheney's suitcase, when he left for Knoxville.

Coley = Schottenheimer

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love his attitude. Hopefully his brave talk will give Kirby the excuse to keep his foot on the gas even when the subs are in the game.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You have to win by 50 points to impress all the couch potato coaches. Any thing less and the fan base gets restless.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I just pray no UGA player is injured playing in this game Saturday. Sometimes I wish the headcoach was required to play a series or two, gurantee this coach wouldn't be speaking the way he did... "bloodied and battered"

• Options

I don't claim to be a couch potato coach, but I like to see UGA do well.

In this day and age, teams need to at least cover the spread to stay in the rankings or possibly get considered for the playoffs.

Besides this, it gets frustrating / disappointing to see a team with as much talent as UGA get held without a TD for a whole half against an inferior team.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anyone who has played serious football seriously feels that way. I played 4 years in high school and stayed bloody or scabbed over each season. Any coach who doesn't feel this way and get that across to his players is doing his team a disservice. Football is a violent, collision game and any player is going to get bruised and bloodied. We accept that when we play.