Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football game ball in 23-17 win over Notre Dame: WR Lawrence Cager

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football game ball in 23-17 win over Notre Dame: WR Lawrence Cager

Georgia football grad transfer WR Lawrence Cager came up big in the clutch, his 5 catches helped key a 23-17 win over Notre Dame

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great win. Time to tend to some key player injuries. This looks like one beat up football team right now.

• Options
    Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

If we don’t learn to step on the throats when it’s time we will continue to fall short. It’s already cost us one championship and a shot at another. Great teams keep the gas pedal stomped and it is never a game in the end. Jake plays so good with up tempo and we coulda shoulda put it away but slowed the pace ...

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It wasn't the dominating win most of us had hoped for but the way this played out may be best for this team in the long run. Give credit to Notre Dame, they played a hell of a game. Their players were in the right spots most of the game to limit, stop our big play ability. The biggest takeaway from this game is we found within ourselves to win the game despite not playing our best. Proud of these Dawgs tonight.

Biggest concerns after tonight was our inability to pressure the QB consistently and our inability to consistently protect Fromm, he was pressured quite often.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

J.R. Reed deserves a game ball as well. I listened to the game while driving and his name came up a lot on key defensive plays.

I thought the UGA play calling was very, very conservative. Guessing that's the result of seeing fake punt calls blow up in your face.

I am interested in seeing what the TV viewership number is. I have to think plenty of folks were watching UGA for a very exciting game. While UGA fans wanted a blowout, CBS got its money's worth. ESPN's College Gameday was a nice bonus. I hope recruits sit up and notice all this extra attention.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm guessing the lacking qb pressure by our defense was by design, keeping Book's runs contained. It allowed him more time to find receivers, but that was pretty well clamped down on in the second half (and let's not forget, ND's only touchdown in the first half came after, what, 6 attempts on a drive starting inside the 10). As for Fromm being pressured "quite often," I didn't really see that. His one incompletion in the first half was the only time I can recall that their defense noticeably affected him. But it's late, maybe I'm forgetting something.

• Options
    Sigm400fanSigm400fan Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

This was another poorly officiated game, not as bad as the National Champ game vs bama but these officials apparently were not aware of what an actual hold is. When I start keying in on specific incidents like the officials picking their nose while a ND OL had his entire arm wrapped around one of our defenders no more than 5 feet away from inept official. Either a review of each official after each game needs to be conducted and if any official misses calls or fails to pay attention then like in any other job a performance review needs to be given to the officials and if they fail again then they need to get a fine or flat out fired!!!

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

I could have sworn that Jim Chaney was back at OC tonight. I was very disappointed in the playcalling. Running side to side, with all that unnecessary motion, jet sweeps, and the like. Where was Zeus?

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All these armchair QB's and Head Coaches, when Fromm went up tempo in the second half, twice Notre Dame players faked injuries to slow the tempo down. The first time it happened, a Notre Dame player had to tell another player to take a knee. I said earlier in the week, I didn't care whether they won by 31 or just 1, just win. Last night they won, but since it wasn't the big blow out all the big talking heads said would happen, it seems like anything but a win. Get the walking wounded better by the Tennessee game, I predict Rotten Top will give UGA a big fight.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Officials were obviously biased toward the ACC (almost) member. The announcers noted that the crew was from the ACC. I guess their officiating is like their league, maybe one crew is competent and the rest are baaad!!

• Options
    Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

Tommielee

you are correct sir. However the possession we had in the 4th quarter up by 13 we elected to not even try to go uptempo. Ended up 3rd and 13 and an awful punt. The two prior possessions we went fast. Yes. Notre dame faked injuries. After we had moved the ball 50 yards down the field and scored points. All I’m saying is that’s when we have to go for the jugular!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Cager is trying to get that check, or better yet he's trying to eat!