Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 takeaways from Georgia's Notre Dame win, from Jake Fromm to fabulous fans

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

image3 takeaways from Georgia's Notre Dame win, from Jake Fromm to fabulous fans

Georgia football beat Notre Dame 23-17, but it wasn't the Bulldogs' best performance and the team must continue to evolve

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1gat1gat Posts: 12 ✭✭ Sophomore

The field goal was the right call. Going soft zone and not pressuring the qb on the subsequent Nd Drive was wimpy and cost.

• Options
    elmolewiselmolewis Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

****, I thought we won until I read this article.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

1-0

This team will only get better, this reminds me of the 2017 season!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Indeed and Amen. When CKS says we have a lot to clean-up I hope he turns the mirror on himself. The conservative play calling could have easily cost us the game. Unless you are up by four touch downs in the third or three in the fourth stop playing conservatively! I am a die-hard UGA fan and graduate but I am absolutely sick and tired of watching leads slip away due to coaching decisions. If you have the best players...Let them win or lose and get out of the way if they are winning!!!!!!!!! Ugh!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia didn't have the lead against bama when the fake punt was attempted. It was tied at 28. And considering the ease with which bama moved the ball down the field needing only a field goal for the win, it's pretty difficult to make the case that the failed fake made any real difference in the ultimate outcome.

There was not an entire quarter to play on the 4th and 1 decision last night; there was about 7 minutes left. And basic arithmetic tells us that the assertion that there's no difference between a 10 point lead and a 13 point lead is absolutely false.

I'm not saying there's no argument to be made for going for it in that position. Honestly, I was kind of hoping to see it myself. But there's also a very strong case to be made for going up by two touchdowns with less than half a quarter to play when you have the chance. And when your go-to in questioning the latter is revisionist history while disingenuously failing to grasp that a second touchdown is more difficult to achieve than a field goal, it comes across as criticizing just to criticize.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2019

"Even Gary Danielson said it live, in game, and GD was right: who cares about going up 13 with an entire quarter (NO 7 +minutes) to play when you could go up 17 and change the entire momentum of the game? Going up 13 changes NOTHING!

Sorry but it does change things..... Up 13 requires ND get 2 TD's for a WIN. A touch and a fieldgoal dont do it. Miss on the 1st down then a TD and FG puts the game into OT.... That last toss on 4th down would have been a 42 yard FG attempt for the Tie if we had not picked up the 3 points and missed on the first down on 4th and 1. I think it was the right call.