Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Notre Dame coach bristles when asked about his players faking injuries vs. UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageNotre Dame coach bristles when asked about his players faking injuries vs. UGA

Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly seemed offended on Sunday when he was asked about two of his players faking injuries to slow down UGA’s momentum in the loss to the Bulldogs. On the questionable play in the third quarter, the UGA offense was quickly moving down the field when Notre Dame linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Jokur19Jokur19 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

asking the question because it was so obvious... i guess the 2nd guy got "cramps" ... in his eye? because he was not treated for cramps he got eye drops. it was rediculous and bush league. but guess what no matter how hard they tried to stop UGA .. we still came out on top. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anytime I have ever had a bad cramp, I immediately grabbed the area of the leg where the cramp was occurring. The guy never did such. Coaches who teach young, impressionable minds such tactics in life where so many have already bought into the mindset that winning trumps all - even scruples.

• Options
    DawginAlabamaDawginAlabama Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

It must have been a bad concussion. He didn't even know he had it. Only after the player behind him got information about the concussion from the coaches was he able to pull the player down and tell him about his concussion.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Translation: “Yeah, we did it. So what? We’re Notre Dame and we can do what we want and get away with it.”

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I aint mad at em.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I heard Lou Holtz talking before the game on UGA radio, said ND had one advantage, they were bringing their officials.

I'm not implying they were for the other team. I think they likely tried to call it fair.

Holtz said, ND knows how the officials will call the game, what they can and can't do, etc.

Looks like the ACC officials had no problem with the delay tactics, and like Holtz said, ND knew they could get away with it.

I for one think it's a punk move. I hope Kirby never tells his defense to do it.

Play the game like a man. That's why Georgia calls it "Grown Man Football."

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Kelly is lying.
    2. Other schools do this, too.
    3. Schools will continue to do it until there is a penalty for doing so.
    4. It is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY on-field officials will call a penalty because if there is even the most remote chance that a kid is truly injured, the repercussions will go far beyond a single football game.
    5. I hope UGA never does this, but I'm not declaring that we never will.
    6. As someone else noted, we can't let stuff like this stop our momentum. I mean, someone could legitimately get hurt (even one of our guys) and then what would we do? Just because they faked the injury (or call a timeout or whatever) doesn't mean we can lose focus and not get in the end zone.
    7. Go Dawgs!
  • Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If it's as widespread as Kelly says, I'm sure Kirby knows about it also. And IF it's true, we should have a couple of designated floppers of our own -- if we don't already.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When the "injured" player is walking off just fine and is pulled to the turf (tackled) by a teammate behind him--I'm sorry, what else are people supposed to think about that? I'd like to see the full context for that moment backing up the film to what happened on the play. That might clear Kelly or further condemn him.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bush league moves, easy to see that Both were obvious flops..