Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football winners and losers after win over Notre Dame

2»

Comments

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's easy to criticize in hindsight and forget how many things had to go right for Notre Dame after Georgia went up by two touchdowns, just for them to have a predictable failure of a desperation heave at the end.

Sure, you can make a case for going for it on 4th and 1. But it's also very easy to defend the field goal decision being made in that moment, at a point in the game when the Georgia defense had been consistently stifling. Dredging it up as a specific point of criticism comes off less as an honest assessment of the situation as it unfolded than a general eagerness to question Smart's decision making.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Reed is indeed a great safety and I am glad he plays and starts for UGA; however, his tackling was poor on several occasions in that game.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Um, no. They needed six points on the final drive to tie us, not three.

• Billy21Billy21 Posts: 205 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2019

WHERE IS THE VERTICAL PASSING GAME?? The bulldogs have all this talent and it's like they (coaches) are holding them back or just aren't confident in themselves to make those decisions?? Jake Fromm is a great QB, but the passing percentage is straight up BS as most of the throws are EAST and West passing attempts. I thought Coley was going to be the answer, but there is now a lot of questions surrounding the coaching staff in my opinion. The bulldogs have too good of athletes to use them as an excuse why, so it's gotta be surrounded by the folks in charge. Is CKS having too much influence on the offense? Where is this HAVOC? I still have confidence that they can make these adjustments, I just hope their open-minded to it.

It was a great game to watch, but I hope the team and coaches (mainly) take a good hard look at themselves and improve in the bye week. Talent on both side of the ball is not an excuse any more....

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 243 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2019

"Going forward, Smart is going to have to nail some late-game plays calls to shake the label that as the game gets tighter, so does he."

But you were just complaining about the fake punt on 4th-and-10 in the SEC title game. That was far from a "tight call". That was a very risky call.

So make up your mind.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 243 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Um, no. They needed six points on the final drive to tie us, not three."

You COMPLETELY missed his point.

If UGA goes for the 4th down conversion and DOESN'T MAKE IT, Notre Dame is down 20-10. They score another TD to make it 20-17.

At the end of the game, instead of throwing a hail mary, they would have been playing for a field goal to tie.

Get it?

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,134 mod

Never understood why folks want to gripe and complain after a win over a top 10 team. If we were ranked #8...this would have been a the best game in the history of all sports.....SMH...