Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What we've learned about Georgia football offense through the first 4 games of the 2019 season

SystemSystem Posts: 7,419 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageWhat we've learned about Georgia football offense through the first 4 games of the 2019 season

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. What we've learned about Georgia football offense so far in the 2019 season Quarterback: Georgia quarterback

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is what I've learned. The goal is to run the ball and wear down the opposition. Fromm passed 26 times I think, and that's because he had to. The Irish were playing the run pretty good. We ran 59 plays, which about 26 were passes. If the run was working, Fromm would only of thrown 15 to 18 passes. Kirby will play what he's built this team to do. It's not sexy, but effective.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, B1G bottom dweller Indiana, Miami of Ohio. Fields has played against air and is completing less than 70%. That's not flashy; barely mediocre!

Eason is playing in a league where a QB threw NINE TDs and his team lost!

If Fields and Eason were still at UGA, they would be exchanging reps toting the clip board and signaling plays in for Fromm!

• Options
    MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

Georgia's offense is way too predictable. I know exactly what play they are going to run on almost every play. They also need to put the jet sweep (this play is nothing new...when I started watching football in 1970 it was called the end around) back in the closet. It works against lesser teams because they can't tackle the ball carrier in the backfield. Notre Dame was a good tackling team and they sacked the runner 2 out of the 3 times Georgia ran this play. I would like to see more traditional sweeps to the outside with blockers in front--a modified toss sweep from the shotgun instead of the I. And how about letting Fromm call his own plays in a more up tempo offense.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our offense is fairly predictable but part of that predictability is scoring enough points to win 4 games. Alabama's offense is predictable, most of the time they're going to throw the ball. Knowing what's coming and stopping it are two different things entirely. I think the offense will continue to be predictable and the line will get better and teams will know what's coming but they can't stop it. Some fans are upset because we didn't move the ball and score like we did against the first 3 opponents without taking into account the vastly superior talent ND has. Though we were predictable, we scored enough and that is all that counts. If we were losing, all this griping and moaning might be justified.