Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

LOOK: Notre Dame fan takes out full-page ad thanking Georgia community, fans

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageLOOK: Notre Dame fan takes out full-page ad thanking Georgia community, fans

This past weekend was a very special one in Athens as the No. 3 Georgia Bulldogs hosted the No. 7 Notre Dame Fighting Irish. It was the first time Notre Dame ever visited Athens and it's safe to say the game lived up to the hype, as the Bulldogs pulled out a 23-17 victory. The atmosphere inside Sanford Stadium was

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope all the walking wounded get well by the Rotten Top game. So can the Offensive Coach call some pass plays that are not behind the line of scrimmage by then? Chaney knows the playbook, you better have a better plan by then than you showed against the Dame.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very classy!

I hope this advertisement means all Georgia fans were gracious hosts and good sports in every interaction with any Notre Dame fan. By all reports the Irish treated visiting Dawgs extremely well in South Bend.

I'm sure I'm not the only Dawg glad this game is behind us. Those guys were tough.

Go, Dawgs! Go, Irish!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Classy move..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think the game plan for ND should be posted in all the coaches offices in large letters so they will know WHAT DOESN'T WORK VERY WELL. The adjustments at halftime should be kept as well, that emphasizes what not to do.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The adjustments at halftime should be kept as well, that emphasizes what not to do."

Georgia's second half offensive output was double that of the first half. Notre Dame had one drive in the second half that didn't result in either a three-and-out or a turnover. Not sure how you file that under "What Not to Do."

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very thoughtful advertisement by the ND fan. Bet we never see anything like that from a SEC foe.

ND is considered one of the most prestigious programs in the country and I’m wondering

if we are the “only” team to win 100% of the meetings in a series of 3 or more games. My bet

Is we are the sole team to have that distinction. Maybe one of the AJC writers can research this. Go Dawgs

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

witnessed some non alumni sidewalk fan rudeness by us, but very little. Drinking all day you have to hold your breathe to see what unfolds.

• Options
    BobRodesBobRodes Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

So, you're saying that you'd have just as tough a time against Tennessee with that game plan as you did against us? Not sure I agree with you. :)