Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart: Georgia football recruiters headed out of state with momentum

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageKirby Smart: Georgia football recruiters headed out of state with momentum

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart discussed recruiting implications from Notre Dame weekend and the visit plan for the bye weekend

Read the full story here

Comments

• SteamerSteamer Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Keep doing what you are doing Kirby, you can't change what has passed, but you sure can shape your destination for Georgia football.

• jmr8046jmr8046 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

“You draw a lot of attention that might impact some kid that’s a 12, 13, 14-year old good football player, that says ‘I’d love to play there and be a part of that.’ 

I understand this comment, but it comes across so strange. College football has been like this for years, recruiting young teenagers or trying to at least make an impression. It just doesn't feel right to me, but it is what it is.

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jmr8046 Smart is not saying they are going on the road recruiting 12, 13, 14-year olds. He merely saying this type of game seen nationally with a huge viewing audience is planting the seeds in the mind of these players. And when they become 17 & 18 years he has already laid the groundwork for the ones who grow up to be elite.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

We have changed our recruiting agenda and have been targeting more out of state guys when we have so much talent here in Georgia. The Dawgs recruit nationally now i see.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The impact from the Notre Dame game will be seen in our next few recruiting classes.

• Cmills1980Cmills1980 Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

When a coach has recruited the way Kirby has, he can do whatever he wants. Go Dawgs!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have no problem recruiting nationally, but I see a lot of stud football players right here in the good old State of Georgia. So, a lot of those stud football players are going to Clemson, Auburn and other programs. that are competing for elite talent. Other programs have been taking elite talent from Georgia for years. and winning National Titles. Recruit nationally, but don't forget your own state.