Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Zeroing in on Georgia football offensive solutions, explosive players

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Zeroing in on Georgia football offensive solutions, explosive players

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart has talked all season about putting the ball in the hands of playmakers like speedy James Cook

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2019

Own up MG. You are the one making the rash predictions. Not Kirby or anyone on the UGA team. YOU are the one setting expectations along with your pals. Obvious weakness at WR with last years losses yet you have no insight to see this as a problem and insist on these blowout wins. What is DN goig to do to correct these ass9 predictions? (ND, SC blowouts)

• Options
    AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Get real, GBAL. Everything Mike says is spot on.

• Options
    Billybob101Billybob101 Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ Junior

Run more plays by going up tempo, and stop making over half the plays you do runs up the middle. BTW, funny how Fromm gets tons of credit when offense is moving since he’s a “coach on the field”, but Coley gets all the blame when it isn’t moving. Doesn’t Fromm deserve some of the blame for either checking into bad plays, or not checking out of them?

• Options
    DDubDDub Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Billybob 101 is right, Fromm didn't see open receivers on 13 plays out of the 51 pass plays (2 of which were guaranteed TD's) and 2 more on his interceptions before overtime. Yet Fromm is blameless. Horsepucky! This loss is AT LEAST 50% on Fromm and 25% on the O-Line. The plays were there, Fromm didn't see them.

And everyone chill out on Kirby, entering his 4th year as a Head Coach. He is learning and evolving. Dabo Swinney was 4-3, 9-5, 6-7, 10-4, and 11-2 after 4.5 years as a Head Coach and didn't win a Natty until his 9th year. Dabo went through coordinators until he found the right combination.

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Really love the “On the Beat” shows, Mike. You produce some of the best work for Dawgnation.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby better make sure he recruits Caleb Williams 2021, that is next great QB. Carson Beck looks like more of Jake Fromm, Aaron Murray types. Too flat footed, and statuesque. Maybe try and roll the pocket left and right a few times or something.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Went back and forced myself to rewatch the game.

Jake was indecisive and kept the ball too long on way too many plays. That’s not his game. He’s and one two three and release guy. Seems strange he was either force fed plays or was not allowed to audible or his defensive reading skills he is known for flew the coup.

Also, too many receivers were in the same area at the same time, and last I checked that’s not how you beat a zone or man defense.

Whatever it may have been, please ritualistically burn that game plan because it don’t work, looked just like 2016 Vs Vandy and Nichols.

I challenge everyone to dig those outta the archive and watch those along with this one and marvel at the comparisons. It’s scarey actually

• Options
    DDubDDub Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah, I do have great analysis, so thanks. I don't recall faking a FG or faking a punt in the Carolina game. I guess I will watch it in slow-mo for the tenth time... Oh, that's right, I said Jake Fromm is 50% to blame for the loss in THIS (SC) game.. which he was, and receivers were open. But if you listen to "Fromm Lovers" or the announcers they blame the wide receivers. I don't buy fake news so I have actually watched the game nine times, pausing and rewinding, and the video clearly shows 13 plays out of 51 that Fromm was wrong, made his decision before the ball was snapped instead of going through his progressions, rushed (tends to happen when you start getting sacked), or how about the fact that Fromm is really 6'1.5 inches tall and his lineman are 6'5/6'6 inches so he can't really see over the top of them which is why he doesn't throw over the middle within 8 yards of the line of scrimmage.