Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 keys for a happy homecoming for Georgia football against Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

image3 keys for a happy homecoming for Georgia football against Kentucky

Georgia football fans want to see the Bulldogs look like championship contenders instead of playing down to the level of their opponents

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

I disagree with you. Georgia has been winning with physicality. They need MORE finesse in their offense.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why do I keep hearing people say that it was Carolina's 3rd string QB that led them to this win? He didn't. If I'm remembering correctly, the kid didn't come in until the 3rd, and how many points did SC score on us from then on? You see where I'm going with this...

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have been saying the SAME THING, @osmosiphobe. This false narrative that we were beaten by a 3rd-string quarterback is fake news. You're right, the kid took over in the 3rd quarter with SC already LEADING us, and he didn't lead another drive for points until the second OT, and at that, it was a field goal.. Maybe that's why people are saying that he led us to a win, because he got them the 3 points that mattered. Oh well. But truth be told, had he started the game, I don't think they get the other 10 points their offense scored. On another matter, I'm just hung up. Everybody, EVERYBODY, predicted UGA would be in the playoff picture, if not National Champions this year. So my question is, what did everyone miss? Folks said all along that the WR corps would be lacking, but they still said we would be in it. So where is the missing link or links? Is it the under-performing O-Line? Is it Fromm throwing multiple picks in a game? Is it Hot Rod missing a makeable field goal? I get the O-Line because consistent play from them is crucial, but if the Fromm deal and the missed field goals were our line of demarcation, then we probably weren't National Title contenders in the first place. And really, that's my fear -- that we were NEVER as good as people (including me and most of Dawg Nation) thought we were. And when we finally played a team that didn't fear us AND had the athletes AND the coaching staff to measure up to us, we were exposed. I think Notre Dame was on track to do same thing to us as South Carolina, but the crazy crowd that night forced them to shoot their own selves in the foot and we narrowly escaped. Maybe we just aren't that good! And if that's true, then the other question is why did all the experts think that we were? And more concerning, to me at least, if not this year, then when?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent comments! Mine: See you AFTER the game. Therein lies the answer to all your questions about KY. Proof is in the pudding as they say. We'll see if UGA is just not that good.