Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Opinion: Kirby Smart says he didn’t hear boos; that’s not all he’s ignored

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No one wants KIrby to "go anywhere." What we do want is for the offense led by a supposedly "Heisman candidate"(don't hear that anymore do you?) to move the football at least to the otherside of the 50 yardline(when the booing was happening they hadn't done so). THat's all, score some points on a muchless talented opponent, thats all. LIve up to the number 1,2 or 3 recruiting classes we've had recently. THat's all. Or are we asking too much?

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You got that right! And the SCjr game was in the daytime.

I'm not so upset that they didn't throw the ball more, it's just that the running plays were downright unimaginative...run up the middle, over and over just like the NC game with Chubb.

Kirby says to keep chopping wood, and that's fine, but if your wood's wet, you need a spark to get it burning. A stack of wet wood does no good without that spark.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read all your comments and Brandon's excellent accounting of where the Dawgs stand after another less than stellar performance. My question remains: Is this a team that can take down a run and gun offense like Florida? Yes, Florida has its chinks....SC certainly exploited some of them...but can UGA, run no gun, emerge the victor Nov. 2? SC looked strong against Florida and I thought they would beat them. Both teams are well coached. I am just asking.......is UGA capable of coaching that caliber of winner's game as well? I just don't know?

• Options
    GacondorGacondor Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Yea, well what happened in the SC game. Defense was stellar and we still lost.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Fans are fussy, because they want to see the same scores put up by the Dawgs, that the Sooners, LSU Tigers, Clemson Tigers, the Tide, and the Buckeyes are putting up. Maybe we expect too much. 4 and 5 Star high school players sometimes are a total bust, or only a 5 Star on paper. Development and coaching makes a team, raw talent helps, but talent will only take you so far. Kirby has only four years as a HC. Coley is a good RB coach, but is he a good OC coach? The DC coach is in his first year in this position. So the coaching staff is young in experience. The wide receivers are young in experience, and we still don't know how to properly use a Tight End. In a driving rain storm I would target the Tight Ends at least 15 times a game.