Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former UGA players offer prayers and support for Mark Richt after heart attack

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageFormer UGA players offer prayers and support for Mark Richt after heart attack

In the aftermath of Monday’s news that former UGA football coach Mark Richt suffered a heart attack, many former Bulldog players went to social media to offer support and prayers for Richt.

This was from Chipper Jones, who became a Georgia fan after turning

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Praying for a great Christian man for a quick recovery. Thanks for all you did for Georgia football. May God bless!!

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Prayers to you coach!

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder if the coach knows just how much he is cherished by the Bulldog nation. The parting left a sour taste in some folk's mouth, but he will always one of the all time best on and off the field.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Was shocked to hear about the heart attack. Assumed he was in good health. Out of the high stress coaching lifestyle. He’s only a few years older than me, and I’m not really good on the diet and exercise. Coach Richt does look smart for leaving coaching as I’m watching Miami fall apart this year. His name was floating around as a USC replacement, and this heart attack ensures he won’t be returning to big-time coaching (guessing his wife won’t let him either).

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thoughts and prayers to you coach. You are, and always will be, a DGD!!!

• Options
    Dawg50Dawg50 Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

Mark, we thank you for the years that you put in at Ga. Thank God that you are ok. You need to take care of yourself and deligate work to others if you ever decide to coach again. We as fans Love you and the morals that you brought to the young men who played for you. You are a special person in the world of sports today. Don't ever hang your head for what you have accomplished. God knows where your heart is and the respect you have as a person. Look up for God is going to use you in a mighty way. Walk the walk and talk the talk, where ever you go, it is said that you are a good man. I as a fan miss you at Ga. God bless djg