- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum
- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
National Make A Dog's Day
National Make A Dog’s Day on October 22nd provides an opportunity to give all dogs the best day of their lives. The day not only encourages visits to shelters, but it is also a reminder to animal lovers everywhere to adopt instead of shop for a new pet.
Approximately 3.3 million dogs enter shelters in the United States annually, many being relinquished by their owners. Worse still, approximately 35% of the animals that enter shelters are euthanized. While numbers continue to decline, the need for adoption continues to be overwhelming. One sure way to make a dog’s day is giving them a new, loving home through adoption.
IF A DOG COULD TALK
Of course, adoption is just one way to make a dog’s day. If your favorite canine companion could talk, they might tell us going for an extra-long walk would make their day. When was the last time you visited the dog park? Of course, a new chew toy might top their list. Sometimes, they just want to play. Throw the ball already! Another thing that tops the list of fur babies everywhere – don’t stop scratching that itch.
While those ideas probably come to mind with ease, some other ideas are just as important.
- Regular check-ups. Check with your veterinarian for the schedule that fits your dog.
- Vaccinations. Different schedules apply depending on where you live.
- Spay or neuter your pet. Beyond the health benefits, unplanned puppies cause the population in shelters to increase.
How To Make A Dog's Day
Visit a shelter, find a loyal canine companion and make a dog’s day through adoption! If the timing isn’t quite right, all are welcome to stop by a shelter and volunteer. Just by taking a shelter dog for a walk or bringing them a new chew toy, you’ll make their day. New blankets or treats are always welcome, too. Check your local shelter’s website for a list of needs. Each shelter takes donations, and their requirements vary depending on the time of year.