Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football injury update: Tyson Campbell 'practiced for the first time'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football injury update: Tyson Campbell 'practiced for the first time'

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart said Tyson Campbell went through his first practice on Tuesday, a sign the former 5-star recruit could be back for Florida

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm thinking Mathis and Bush won't play at all this season (Mathis may never play again). But we move on. But I do have a question or a thought. Something that just has me befuddled.

OK. I know all injuries are different and people heal differently. I understand that and I get it. I really, really do. But for the life of me, I can't understand how Tua over there at Alabama can get two high ankle sprains within 12 months, have surgery both times and be back on a football field in a matter of days (and yes, I FULLY expect him to start and play in the LSU game), yet our guys can get seemingly the slightest of injuries and be out for weeks or months at a time. I researched and high ankle sprains, even with surgery (which I believe is a fairly rare treatment for that injury anyway) the healing time is like 3 months. Yet last bowl season Tua was back in less than 30 days and now, he'll be back 20 days after surgery.

Meanwhile, our Tyson Campbell gets turf toe, has been out for more than a month and still no guarantee when he gets back on the field. Shaffer has a neck sprain and he may be out til God knows when. Again, I KNOW injuries are different, but it just seems like they're on a whole different plane at Bama, even when it comes to modern medicine. Maybe a doctor, an orthopedic surgeon, could explain it to me. I just wonder if Tua's surgeries are good for him long-term? Is it even ethical to have him back on his feet in 10 days and playing in 20? Again, based on what I've read, it's really not. In fact, I'm surprised surgery was even done. NFL and NBA players get high ankle sprains all the time, and few of them get surgery. Most miss a month or more of playing time while they limp around with a boot on. And if what they're doing at Bama is OK, then I wonder if we can't steal a doctor or two from them. Something is strange in Denmark.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nick Saban is the difference, DallasDog.