Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Akiba Gilbert, mother of 5-star Arik Gilbert, breaks down his decision day

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageAkiba Gilbert, mother of 5-star Arik Gilbert, breaks down his decision day

The nation's No. 1 TE Arik Gilbert is set to make his college decision today. Where does UGA stand? What about Alabama? Akiba Gilbert, his mother, broke all of that down.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

We have a talented, fast, 6'5" 245 lb TE on the roster right now who seldom gets his number called.

Charlie Woerner #89

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

A whole bunch of wasted ink. He’s not coming to UGA.

• Options
    DawgDaddyDawgDaddy Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

Sounds like his mother is a smart lady, she has raised him right and trusts him to make a mature decision. Best of luck to her and Arik no matter which school he chooses, I know he will do well in life and that is the ultimate goal for us all isn't it? As always, Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JimmyJimmy Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Why would he come to the Dawgs? We are using the TE even less then with the previous OC. It will be sad to lose such a talent

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was convinced that he wasn't coming to UGA until I saw that thing in there that his mind still wasn't made up as late as Tuesday night. I thought that it was and that's the reason he was making the announcement today. But what makes me think maybe not UGA, and this will seem odd, is what his mother said about why UGA got the last visit. She said they did it out of respect for UGA, not because he was so excited about being at UGA, but it's like, "before we deal you this death blow, we want to be sure we keep our word and give you this final visit." So it all boils down to a big fat, I just don't know. I do feel strongly that it's down to UGA and Bama, though. Does Coley's comments about playing "at home" make a difference? I hope so, but so many, lately, have overlooked that. So I guess we'll find out at 6 p.m. Eastern. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

His number is called quite often. Unfortunately it is to block, or Fromm is just too scared to throw it over the middle.

Now out of his choices : 1- Ga.- may or may not have Fromm next year. But it may or may not be a good thing.

2- Ala and LSU- neither qb will be there next year. Lsu backup? Who is it? Ala back up - did anyone watch him play against TN? If he comes off the bench against GA, we win both of them.

3- Clemson - definitely only 1 year. After that, who knows

4- A&M- Mond will probably not get drafted, so he may play 2 more years, I think he is a soph now. Jimbo does use TE's.

His choice is going to come down to where he feels comfortable, I believe. But, this is just my opinion.

Go Dawgs.

• Options
    DoctorDawg92DoctorDawg92 Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

We don't really have a tight end with the athletic gifts that AG has. Woerner has not had a good season even as a blocker. Wolf has been inconsistent. Few others have even gotten a look. I think if AG were a part of the 2019 class he would be playing 35-40 reps a game as a freshman. He's that kind of talent. I would love for him to come to GA but I never thought he would. I think GA could make use of his talents but it is his decision. I'll respect it.

• Options
    Billybob101Billybob101 Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ummm, all y’all saying we don’t throw to TEs, look up catches by Bama TEs. They don’t, either.

• Options
    JimmyJimmy Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Just win a NC and we can get whoever we want

• Options
    Paladin33Paladin33 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Why would a tight end come to Georgia. They can show you all they want, but you just look at how they have been used over the last 4 years.