Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

USA Today columnist says Kirby Smart has one of the five worst contracts in all of college football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageUSA Today columnist says Kirby Smart has one of the five worst contracts in all of college football

USA Today released its annual coaching salaries database for the 2019 season. Georgia coach Kirby Smart ranked fifth in the country in terms of his salary this year as he's set to make $6.87 million. And according to USA Today's Dan Wolken, that rate is one of the worst in the country, as Wolken rated Smart's

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CBBDawg316CBBDawg316 Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gundy coaches for Auburn now, huh?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Connor Riley cut to the chase in this one....OL! The offensive line. Said it better than I ever could. They will control the tempo. Will GA run, or mix it up is up to the OL. If Fromm's arm is working again, the big boys on the OL must create the opportunites for some explosive runs and down wind passes...two dimensional...not one. You posters will fill in the blanks...I am sure. Firing on all cylinders,,..UGA will beat Florida. Florida has a suspect defense in my opinion but pretty solid offense at least against LSU...even though they lost. UGA is no LSU....yet...but we have the talent to beat Florida....do we have the coaching? Hope so.................

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

What do those crappy writers make. His pay is none of their business. Geez..... Now, this team has some issues and coaching is some of it. Saban USED to have the mind set of pound the ball and play great defense, Kirby's current model. Saban evolved. Will Kirby. But before we bash Kirby to much, He, in his mind, is playing to his team THIS year Strengths. Don't think he saw all his wide outs bailing and JJ getting kicked off the team. Jake is a GAME manager passer. He his limited....then throw in our weakness at WR and getting open, We have what we have. My fault with team is how slow we start. Some say playing not to lose vs playing to win. Next few weeks shall tell us a lot

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anybody that takes anything Dan Wolken has to say about UGA seriously is an idiot.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is in the coaching overall RGB. Sorry. I am hard on Smart because he seems to be back peddling, not moving forward. No program stands still. I know Saban has evolved...but used him as an analogy. Coaching is what makes or breaks a team that is why they are constantly playing musical chairs in the NCAA. It is one tough business. Millions of dollars are paid to the top coaches and they are expected to perform at that level....whether they do nor not! Their performance achievement drastically affects recruiting...the lodestone of any successful program. As the result of GA's previous success and rabid interest by alums and fans, UGA is also investing tens of millions into a new indoor field facility, etc. directly attributed to UGA's enormous football prowess and record as well as its other burgeoning sports activities. Plus, GA has an exceptional academic standing. It all melds together to make UGA a top SEC school. I am proud to be an alum.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love how these writers and talking heads bad mouth us. It's what we need, the Anti-Rat Poison.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

I sure hope we beat the Gators.

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

National perceptions of the Georgia program have really taken a dive since the SC loss. There is a lot riding on how the team, particularly the offense, performs in the coming weeks. The mass exodus of skill talent after last season, coupled with the decision to double down on the established offensive philosophy by retaining Coley as OC are coming under increased scrutiny as the offense has underperformed in recent weeks. This sets up the Florida game as a massive test, not only for the team, but also for the Kirby Smart offensive philosophy. Georgia should have the talent to win that game, but another underperformance will point to a need to rethink the way this offense is managed. I for one hope for another November resurgence.

• Options
  • Options

Observation about our offense system. Last year, justin Fields looked lost, indecisive and lacked confidence..... this year at Ohio st, he looks like a Heisman trophy candidate. System, coaching or supporting cast ?

• Options
    MacroDawgMacroDawg Posts: 50 ✭✭ Sophomore

Has anyone realized how easy it is for the media to bash Georgia when things are going bad and hard for them to give us due credit when things are going well.smh

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,043 mod

Big 10 defenses vs. SEC defenses. The SEC D's were too fast for JF to adjust to coming straight out of HS. He went to a slower system that suits him well. I actually feel that he should have stayed with his commitment to PSU. Would have been the best situation all around.