Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football scheduling: Sanford Stadium non-conference slate watered down

2»

Comments

• Options
    Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

By the time another power 5 comes coach smart will b gone

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yet the price of admission will continue to increase...

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2019

Stop B .itchin. Go Dawgs

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is the reason I stopped getting season tickets...spending 2,500k a year on the Hartman fund to watch scrimmage games typically and maybe one or two good games for my hard earned money....Nope!!! The schedule has and will continue to be avg at best for home games at UGA until we move the UGA/UF game to home and home and college football gets rid of playing lower level programs that typical come and collect a nice check!!!

A high def flat screen(s) are very inexpensive and I can drink my favorite cocktails while watching...something I cannot do In Dooley Field in Sanford Stadium!

• Options
    SavannahDawgSavannahDawg Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Mike...my issue with your reporting is that its never original. You simply cut and paste. I get that this is a fan site and not the AJC/Knoxnews/Al.com but come on man. It's getting to be unreadable. At least Bill King has sources, even if I fall asleep halfway through every rant. Why not pick up the phone, or drop by Butts Mehre and talk to your well placed contacts about how the new JAX deal went down, or how current players feel about finishing their careers without playing Florida in Athens? You can't do that because you don't have any, because you're not deeply invested in the Georgia culture, and unfortunately it shows.

As for the meat of the "article" you arbitarily picked 2025. From that year until 2031 UCLA, Texas, Clemson and Florida State and Oklahoma will all have played in Athens. I am sure there will be some better games announced along the way before then. Why not dig deeper and find out who we're talking to? I've heard Michigan, have you? In the history of Georgia football there will never have been a better stretch of home games. There has been a shift in scheduling philosophy.

I'm certainly no Hartman donor, and I get the complaints about the San Jose States showing up at Dooley field, but the worm has turned and the schedule has been upgraded radically. It seems to me that the years 2020-2024 are the last of the years where the hometown games will be underwhelming. And even that is offset by Oregon and Clemson in Atlanta. Hit Stubhub and quit griping.