Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football moves up in AP, Coaches Polls before Week 10 clash against Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football moves up in AP, Coaches Polls before Week 10 clash against Florida

The Georgia football team was off this weekend as it prepares for a huge rivalry clash against Florida. But thanks to some chaos and upsets, the Bulldogs were able to move up in both the Coaches and AP Polls. Thanks to losses by Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Auburn, Georgia now sits at No. 7 in the Coaches and No. 8 in

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I struggle to understand how Oklahoma could fall below UGA. When you compare the losses, K-State is significantly better than SC. While UGA struggled to defeat ND, that win seems less impressive after ND got hammered by Michigan. Not sure that ND is vastly superior to Texas (OK’s best win).

UGA still controls its own fate by winning out.

• Options
    tvradioguytvradioguy Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

All the more concerning is how we could lose to a team that Tenn just crushed? We are starting to look more and more like a pretender in the polls. ND our big "quality win" just got crushed by Michigan. I guess Kirby and crew are going to have to go out there and prove to the world that we belong in the playoffs. It's a tall order, and I hope it happens - but Florida will be ready for us and you know Mullen would like nothing more than to prove that the gators are better than the dawgs. The only advantage to losing to Florida? We wouldn't have to listen to Brandon's "Gator-Hater" countdown every day. I dislike the Gators like most everybody else, but I would love for Brandon to give that a rest. Thank God Alabama doesn't have a "dawg-hater" countdown...how many days has it been since we have beaten BAMA? Yeah, I don't think any of us would want to know. With that said, I am hoping the dawgs are getting healthy and the coaches are going to open things up this weekend. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Win out and the Dawgs are in.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Look, we have the tools to beat Florida, so we will see if we can do it. Any team can win on any weekend which Oklahoma was reminded of. Take one game at a time - make a plan, figure out how to escape the "loading of the box" and take them down. Another SEC loss knocks out Mizz, so this might as well be the SEC East Championship game. Go Dawgs!