Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

5 questions with Florida beat writer Edgar Thompson

2»

Comments

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DallasDawg , appreciate the cordial response. Yes, it bothers me to know that the SEC scheduling committee can have so much power to skew a level playing field. I recognize it’s impossible to have all the SEC teams off or playing each after byes and someone has to get the short stick. The SEC used to be pretty good at spreading the short stick around and keep things as close to level as possible.

Back to your point, You are correct that both LSU and Bama are both off this week. Here’s the difference. LSU plays Vandy and Arky coming off of their bye weeks while LSU is not. Alabama plays Ms St and aTm with Ms St getting the bye week advantage. And Auburn is at the bye week disadvantage against ole ms. Florida faces no one at a disadvantage. Georgia plays SC, Mizz and Auburn with this disadvantage as our bye weeks align with Tenn and UF byes. Hey, I recognize it can never be level but it should never work out this skewed. The last time it was this skewed, Alabama got screwed and ended up 10- 3 in 2010, lodged an SEC complaint and has not been subjected to such treatment since then, hence they have been in the national championship picture every year since. Kirby should know, he was there. I love my dawgs, just asking for a fair shake and the SEC saw to it that they did not get one this year. And yet no one talks about it. Stepping off the podium now, lol. Go dawgs!

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ghostofuga1, I hear you. I’ve been criticized by quite a few since I picked up my drum and started beating it to the SEC skewed scheduling beat! It’s all good. Food for thought if you’re a gambling man. Without knowing how skewed the bye week schedule was this year how much money do you think was placed with Vegas oddsmakers that Georgia would make the CFP? Millions were lost on Bama in 2010 with them not winning the SEC. I’ll bet you the Vegas oddsmakers knew how skewed the schedule was when they accepted Georgia fans bets this year. In any event, go dawgs and have a great evening.

• Options
    MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

Yeah, it's really just the same as in any game. It boils down to execution and intensity/physicality. UGA had the talent and depth if they just go execute. People act like the world is ending because they lost to SC and didn't look great against UK. But it's the same team and staff that started the season and looked pretty dominant until that SC game. As far as the passing game is concerned, how many teams (i.e. LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio, Clemson, etc.,) would have a passing game as good as good as they currently do had they lost their top 5 receivers from the previous year? That's a big hit to take on one side of the ball. GO DAWGS...TO HELL WITH FLORIDA!