Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Cover 4 on Georgia football: The Gators to really worry about on Saturday

SystemSystem Posts: 11,080 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageCover 4 on Georgia football: The Gators to really worry about on Saturday

Which Gators can cause the most problems for the Georgia football team on Saturday? The DawgNation Cover 4 guys weigh in on that topic.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

RICHARD LECOUNTE is the one player that has me most worried. I just watched some "Top Billin" break down of our secondary and I truly believe Lecounte has given up a big play or touchdown in most of the games he has played. Dude is a liability at times. I'm not saying I would do any better at safety but then again, I am not 20 years young.

If we are not up by two touchdowns going into the 4th, our chances of winning this game are reduced substantially!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hear ya, @Dawg365 , and I agree with you. Been saying that for a while now. Despite all of the hype around LeCounte before and after he signed with the Dawgs, I've just not seen that big-play narrative from him -- except the ones he gives up. Yes, he hits hard when he gets there, but as a safety, he gets out of position, outrun or beat deep far too much. And he takes HORRIBLE angles when he comes up to stop the run. Troubling thing is, I'm sure Kirby and the other coaches see all of this on tape, in practice and the games. The fact that LeCounte remains entrenched as the starter at the position says the guys who back him up must really be lacking. And that might be even more frightening.

The overriding question I have is when did all of these Florida guys become such a threat. None of the guys on the team are unknown quantities except for Kyle Trask, the QB. All of these other players, Toney, Reese, the DE's, even Kyle Pitts, were known to us and everyone before the year began. And despite that, few, if any, thought Florida could hold a stick to us. Now, 24 hours ahead of kickoff, I'm sweating bullets over guys none of us were giving much thought to less than three months ago. What did I (we) miss?