Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Pitboss

Comments

• TxnDawgTxnDawg Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg im pretty positive it is but it is from a fella with a perfect track record so far on the last few firings and hirings. From AD to all sports coaches. With specific details about each situation. They believe his recruiting would be the key to their rebuild. So just figured I would pass on what was brought to my attention

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Interestingly, Pittman doesn't have his own wikipedia page. I think @Kasey should use his powerful contacts to remedy that.

He apparently served as HC at Princeton (Mo.) High School ('87-'88), Trenton (Mo.) High School ('89-'90), and Hutchinson (Kan.) CC ('92-'93).

https://georgiadogs.com/staff.aspx?staff=402

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Willie Fritz is a hell of a coach and a good guy. Southern made a huge mistake letting him walk.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Smart is just being honest. A sign of a healthy business/program is when your staff is given opportunities to interview and they have the blessing of the boss. With that being said, Schumann would be very foolish to leave Athens for the same position at Arkansas.

• CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When the poster said he "heard" Pittman was looking at the Arkansas job and that Dell/Schumann would go with him, what he really meant is he making up a rumor and he wants to give it credibility based on saying he heard someone else say it.

We may lose coaches to other programs because we have great coaches. But not every great position coach is a great coordinator and not every coordinator is a great HC. Look at Muschamp - he is a great DC, but not a great HC.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really. What’s he supposed to say?

Media: Kirby, do you think Sam would make a good head coach?

Kirby: Meh. I guess.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Okay boomer

I’m no Einstein but i think he was joking. Some people on this site really don’t understand sarcasm.

• MackDawgMackDawg Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

The thing about Pittman is he wants an NC on his resume and he was probably sold on that by CKS. He's put many OL in the NFL but hasn't coached on a team that's acquired the hardware(AFAIK, feel free to correct me). He knew coming to UGA we'd have a championship defense at some point and that his job would be to coach up a championship OL that would especially amplify UGA's running game. So the odds of acquiring the hardware at UGA are very high.

TL;DR I'm only going to worry about us maybe losing Pittman after we win a NC. At that the odds are still low since he says Athens is his last stop, and I believe him FWIW

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am about 100% certain that no SEC school is going to hire an unknown position coach to be their HC. They might be targeting him for something else like OC or OL coach, but certainly not HC.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am sure teams are after him, but not for HC. He doesn't have the experience or track record to warrant a gazillion dollar HC offer. A school would be crazy to take that kind of risk. He is an amazing recruiter and OL coach. It is unknown how he would perform at the next level, even as an OC.

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Kirby pull some a dump truck full of cash into Pittman’s driveway to keep him at UGA.

• UgaXforPresidentUgaXforPresident Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the issue with sarcasm over text rather than spoken is that there's none of the normal body language (eye roll, smug face, etc) to go along with it. It's also difficult to pick up the tone, especially with people who tend to have very dry sarcasm to begin with. So it really just comes down to message. If it is WAY over the top, it's obviously sarcasm (i.e. Jake Fromm is considering transferring to tOSU to sit JF1 down again).

In this case, Pittman was already a coach at Arkansas, he could have built a strong bond with Dell and Schumann, and all three would have been taking title promotions with the scenario presented. Thus, not over the top enough to be clearly sarcasm. So the people who "don't understand sarcasm" may understand it just fine, but were simply not given enough indication that @Acrum21 was being sarcastic.

I agree with you though that the @CaliforniaDawg take here is far less probable than sarcasm.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been to Fayetteville. It is a very very nice town in my opinion. In many ways I like it a huge amount. However, I wouldn't take the HC job at Arkansas if I were CSP.

That's a job for somebody else. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Go, Dawgs!

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think y'all are giving me too much credit. I was super bored during work yesterday. Came across the thread, had to have been right after lunch, it was slow on here. Just hammered out that post without any thought and you good people almost picked it up and ran with it. I feel really bad now.

Pittman isn't going anywhere. I don't think.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

I merged two threads on Pitboss going to Arkansas. No need for two separate discussions on this.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, at least I said I didn't know. Sometimes I post things and don't have a clue just hoping nobody knows any better.?