Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart updates injuries to Eric Stokes, Lawrence Cager

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football coach Kirby Smart updates injuries to Eric Stokes, Lawrence Cager

Georgia football took another hit Saturday when cornerback Eric Stokes left the game with an injury, while receiver Lawrence Cager sat out and didn't play

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If there is a silver lining, we got a win without using Cager. In ATL, we need him to be 100% against LSU.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am afraid....just a tad...that Bama will leap frog UGA into 4th spot this next CFP session. That would be a real bad turn for the Dawgs. Bama played a light scrimmage with unknown Western Carolina and thrashed them. Big deal! A&M is a respectable team...very much so. Hopefully, CFP will see that UGA is, however, a superior team and will leave the rankings alone. UGA's injuries are status quo....Does anyone see Cager returning? Mays will. Pickens is filling in nicely for Cager but UGA needs to beef up its receiving game. Also, Fromm just cannot handle a wet football. He made some good throws but not top QB caliber. Mond easily out performed him. Oh well, GA Tech is next...pray for a dry day, please. They are 3-8 but will play tough against UGA as they have nothing to lose. I don't even want to think about LSU>>>>>! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

Rankings don't matter now. Win out and Georgia's in. Lose one and no chance. With our offence though, I just don't see us getting it done vs LSU. The defense can play lights out and LSU will still score mid 20's minimum (probably more). I don't think our offence can keep up.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eh, unless they're ready to say that Bama would get in over a 12-1 SEC champion Georgia, there wouldn't be much point in putting them ahead of us right now. And that would be a stark departure from the thinking that's had us ahead if Bama up to this point. I just don't see it happening.

I do see Cager returning, but not next week. No need to rush him back before the LSU game, and his absence will result in some reps for the other guys.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is Fromm injured?

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't think that Ala will leapfrog GA, but it doesn't matter anyway. If GA beats LSU they will go to the playoffs.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was wondering the same thing. In the first half of the season, he was a beast. Now, he is average, at best. He had better plan on coming back his senior season and making a better show of it. Remember, he was, at one time, a Heisman candidate. What happened?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Need all these guys healthy before the SECCG..