Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

It's official: UGA vs. LSU in SEC Championship game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageIt's official: UGA vs. LSU in SEC Championship game

It’s official: No. 1-ranked LSU and No. 4 UGA will square off against each other in the SEC Championship game. After LSU beat Alabama, it was pretty much a given that the Tigers would represent the SEC West in the conference championship game. But nothing was official until LSU beat Arkansas 56-20 on Saturday night,

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If we can get our offense rolling then we got it in Atlanta. We are tired of losing in that dome.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So, what will the spread be? I say LSU will be favored by 8 1/2 points. I'm being conservative only because of UGA's defense.

What say you?

• Options
    zebediah23zebediah23 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

No way the line will be 8 1/2. I’ve seen an line at 3 1/2 which seems about right. They won’t score 30 on us. They’ve played one really good defense and won 23-20, in Baton Rouge.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

It's a home game for the DAWGS. The fans need to bring it. If our defense plays its best, and our offense can find a way to move the ball with some consistency, we have a shot. And last I checked, it doesn't rain in Mercedes Benz stadium. Apparently, we don't play too well in the rain.

No Zone defense PLEASE!!!

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    HootiePepperHootiePepper Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Focus on Ga Tech please...if we can lose to the Gamecocks, anything is possible

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, right...focus on the insects for now...with an eye to LSU. Tech has NADA to lose and will throw every trick in the book at UGA. I expect some pushing, shoving and name-calling but that's football. It will not be enough but another 6 pt win.....UGH! Against an 8-game loser? I would not play a single injured player at Tech. That leaves UGA decimated but they can still handle the bugs. UGA should...should win going away....if it doesn't rain. LSU is another day another story altogether. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I haven't seen any odds yet on the SEC CG. I agree that our defense is awesome. But I would be awfully surprised if we held LSU under 28 points. We have not played against a QB like Burrows all year; not even close. Most of the QB's we've faced have been 2nd and 3rd stringers. In addition, we haven't scored more than 27 points since week 5 against Tennessee. I hope and pray that I am wrong, but I just don't see us having a snowball's chance in hell.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's going to be the best Defense in the SEC against the best Offense. That will be a very compelling match up.

If the Dawg's can play their best game on defense, and if the offense can get some injured players back, and healthy enough, mainly receiver Lawrence Cager I think it could go either way.

It's true that Georgia hasn't faced a QB of Burrows caliber, but it's also true that LSU hasn't seen a defense as good. Auburn's comes close and they held LSU to 23. If Georgia can do the same, I think they win...