Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers after Texas A&M win

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football winners and losers after Texas A&M win

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football winners and losers following Texas A&M win Winner: Georgia's senior class In their final

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

On fromm, barring any superhuman games the next couple games, he's coming back next year. No way an NFL team takes him in the draft with 3 straight less than 50% games. I know everyone will say receivers dropping balls added to that, but he has also made mistakes on reads. Like with RPO, 99% of the time, he keeps it. I know he's not mobile, but at least keep it a couple times if you see all 11 players on defense go after the running back. Or coley should set up a tight end to throw to opposite the formation that runs out that way so fromm can have a little misdirection against the defense. If we can't change it up, even a terrible lsu defense will look good against up. Just my opinion.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake at this point(Sadly) is nothing more than another aaron murray(DGD) but he's not anything like a Drew Brees(he's been compared to). Time to rethink the draft and come back for his senior year and develop some chemistry with these receivers. Should add another good one next year with Marcus Rosemy. Second year for Blaylock, Pickens, and possible transfers should be more prolific passing attack next season. If he comes out this year, my guess he falls to 3rd round or later. The wet ball thing again was detrimental IMO.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake Fromm is still a great QB.

Where would LSU's offense be if they had lost their top 5 returning receivers. Then they bring in a good Senior transfer and he gets a separated shoulder after 3 games.

Now, let's see what you can do with two true freshman and the other returning players who couldn't crack the two deep rotation last season. It is what it is...

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fromm is not a great QB! He is a good QB. You cannot have dry hands only and be great! The NFL will evince no interest in Jake watching his less than 50% completion games and subpar performance in the rain...really subpar. Jake is a fine, upstanding person but only a good QB. His third year proved it. He had some good games first couple of years..good numbers....but his Junior year tested him more than ever and he faltered. It was not all Jake...dropped balls..miscues in the backfield..wrong passing routes, the usual you see in college ball. Remember, the players execute....Jake needs to improve his execution...his accuracy, power, timing, flow, etc....all those things that make a great QB. A senior year won't help. He is good at reading the defense. I'll give him that. He can scramble out of the pocket pretty well for his size. There is a reason Swift got in his face last game......terrible play call...that he could have changed...up the gut again for a loss. RBs don't like those calls....they are unproductive and even negative. UGA uses them as their style of play!!!??? Fromm will likely be around next season...but...hopefully, Carson Beck is who some believe he will be (Fields-clone)......UGA's next starting QB. Fromm has had his day. Smart needs to open a new QB package and begin again. IMO. GO DAWGS!

PS...I expect I'll get some push-back on this one. I liked Fromm initially but under fire he struggles...and is inept in wet weather. Mond doubled his numbers int that game...in the rain!

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

For those complaining about Fromm's performance in the storm on Saturday, did any of you see the New England/Dallas game Sunday? Tom Brady, HALL OF FAMER, was nowhere hear 50% completion % and could barely move the ball through the air in basically the same storm that hit Athens. Who has led the Dawgs to 3 consecutive SEC Championship games, AND a National Championship game in the last 3 years? Fromm, that's who. He lost ALL of his receiving corps from last year. Give the kid a break.

• Options
    KennesawJayKennesawJay Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

As bad as the offense looks, and it looks bad. We still have tools to score points. Granted, we haven't used those tools very well. But, they're still available. Don't be surprised if shock LSU's defense and win the SEC championship running away. Just saying... GO DAWGS!

• Options
    KennesawJayKennesawJay Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mond was over 50% completions in the same game as Jake and he had zero running attack to help him out. Mull that one over. Now imagine Jake passing with zero run game. Better yet, don't go there.