Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart: Key players cleared to return

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football coach Kirby Smart: Key players cleared to return

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart says Eric Stokes is expected back at practice this week, and indicated Cade Mays was available to the O-Line

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope Cager sits out the game against the insects. I believe our offense would benefit from Cager at 100% against the most dominant SEC offensive team in SEC history in Atlanta. LSU's QB has 4,000 yards, they have two receivers with over 1,000 yards and a 1,000 yard rusher. First time that has happened in SEC history.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Fromm needs to use this game to build confidence with the other receivers.

Someone mentioned that the long throw to Pickens vs aTm was missed because Pickens hesitated (I've meant to rewatch this).

Fromm hit Herrien, I believe, right in the hands and it bounced out.

We've GOT to make those plays against LSU.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cager need not step into the Tech game. Pickens can handle it. He needs the playing time. Newbies need to mesh with the offense. Important. Cager has a serious injury...it might end his career if he gets tagged again. LSU game could be a green light...up to the coaches. These guys like college football but it is a stepping stone to the NFL. Looks as though the others are good to go. If the Dawgs are healthy...they can gett'er done against LSU!!! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know what game your TV had @Loranwhaddayagot , but the pass to Herrien was way over his head and thrown to the wrong side of him. It never hit his hands, nor could have. And on the pass to Pickens, there was no hesitation. Jake just overthrew him despite Pickens best attempts to dive and catch it. There was also another one thrown in his direction that was way out of bounds.

Fromm also missed on a pass to D-Rob that we needed and he missed a wide open James Cook in the flat because he didn't even look his way. That was the most glaring "miss" to me. Fromm used to NEVER miss the running back on those plays but he's done it quite frequently this year, including in overtime of the South Carolina game when failed to see a wide-open Swift for what would have been a game-winning touchdown. Instead, he tried to make the much more difficult throw to the back of the end zone, which fell incomplete. On the next play, Rodrigo missed his second field goal of the day and ever since then, our season has been on the line with every game with every play.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think @Loranwhaddayagot perhaps was referring to the slant to Kearis Jackson that he dropped.

From my seats, we saw Pickens decelerate for about 2-3 steps just after he was breaking open. Had he kept running hard, he might have caught the ball.

That said, I started asking people around me whether Fromm is maybe struggling with some sort of elbow or shoulder soreness. His accuracy has been way off in the past few weeks that it makes me wonder whether his years of baseball caught up to him and he is dealing with an elbow ligament injury. There are ways to play through those injuries if they are not complete tears, and it does affect accuracy.

Obviously, that is pure speculation, but there seems like there is something just off.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Fromm is struggling, it's been this way for most of the season. It's either an undisclosed injury or he is Butt Hurt over something.

It seemed like him and Swift had a serious disagreement near the end of the last drive Saturday.