Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Noah Sewell: How Oregon wrestled the 5-star ILB away from UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageNoah Sewell: How Oregon wrestled the 5-star ILB away from UGA

Noah Sewell is one of the most uncommon athletes the recruiting industry has ever seen. Especially given his athleticism, skill and physicality at 265 pounds. He chose Oregon after his final high school game. But just how close was it?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think Noah is special and will have an outstanding career. Wish him nothing but the best.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Noah was close to home and that made the difference this time over UGA. I wish him success. Such is the life of recruiting.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is what Oregon said to him: "come play with your brother!" Oregon is the only team that can say that and they were therefore they had no competition. They just needed to and will need to stay out of their own way.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Noah,

if you change your mind the Dawg Nation will welcome you anytime. Good luck and sorry we won’t see you play between the hedges. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not surprising at all. We probably led for a lot of kids after the Notre Dame game. But that's just like leading after three quarters. That he wants to play with his brother is completely understandable. In fact, he should play with him. I think the only thing that might have changed that would have been for Oregon to have an awful season and his brother not play or be injured. Other than that, I think he was always going to be a Duck, even after the show we put on for Notre Dame. So now, we just move on. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ashame, but 247sports always had him predicted to go to Oregon, so it would've been a long shot.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck to the young man. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am happy for him, but I hate the fact that we lost out on him. He is gonna be a beast, and it would've been awesome to have him as a Dawg! I wish Noah and his family the best, and hopefully he'll destroy every Pac12 Qb he faces.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oregon was destiny the whole time.