Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Don't get to excited (or worried) about Georgia-Ohio State in the College Football Playoff just yet

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageDon't get to excited (or worried) about Georgia-Ohio State in the College Football Playoff just yet

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Ohio State moves to No. 1, Georgia football holds at No. 4 in the College Football Playoff rankings The big news

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dear Kirby,

you can thank your last oc and yourself for osu’s Success on the offensive side of the ball. Fields has shown this yr that the potential was there for success at this level. Let that sink in.... our offense is 11 games in and has not found their identity or rhythm while your back up from last yr is accounting for about 20pts a game and is playing on the number 1 team in the country. Life is too short to make the same mistakes twice. Please scheme to player’s strength.

thanks,

the fans

ps. What about this scenario: both osu and LSU get a loss and Clemson and uga win out. Who is in and what’s your placement?

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I let pretty much everything slide, but this often misused word drives me nuts.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, if we beat LSU (and the rambling wreck of a team) as well as victories for Ohio State, then I'd expect Georgia to move up to 3rd, Ohio State would be the clear #1 and LSU would take 4th with Clemson filling in the #2 spot. That'd be the UGA vs Clemson matchup.

BUT, LSU would still only have 1 loss, so the committee might say that LSU is still better than Georgia (especially presuming it's a close win), so that WOULD have Ohio State vs UGA.

A key variable, I guess, is to what matchup the Fiesta bowl gets vs Peach bowl. My understanding is that proximity matters (in a bad way), so they wouldn't send UGA to the Peach Bowl if they don't have to. I don't know whether that means it still would be Ohio State vs UGA in Fiesta Bowl or if they'd change things around and have UGA play Clemson or LSU again.

• Options
    NewEnglandDawgNewEnglandDawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I'm a little more worried about Georgia Tech right now!

No, I'm just kidding, but let's get through LSU first! Would love to see us face off against Ohio State, though.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Only thing that would excite me is for the Dawgs to win the next two. I could give two hoots who we would play after that.

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we do somehow end up playing OSU, Ole Justin is gonna be sore. He has had a fun year dancing around Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers, etc. and has gotten acclimated to the Big Ten fufu-cakeboy schedule. Would love to see us beat him and somehow have Fromm go off. Loved Fields and didn't blame him for transferring out but there is nothing more cowardly than leaving the SEC to go play with all the 5 stars in Columbus against that conference.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Our offense will have to improve to get by LSU