Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Why the disrespect? : A homer rant

savvydawgsavvydawg Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everyone on this board feels this way so dont expect any groundbreaking insight, but why the disrespect? Sure our offense isnt sexy and I get the Georgia "curse", always choking in the big games but I have found this season to be weird with how this team is covered. We have been top 10 this entire season....mostly on the higher end of that too, yet I dont see segments talking about how the dawgs have the best lights out defense in the nation, about how despite losing both coordinators and nearly our entire WR corps we are 11-1, or some formation of the breakthrough narrative so many other teams get. Sure I get it, just keep winning and it will all work out but why is UGA so brushed off? Why the 30 second blurbs about "and yet UGA is still in the picture by virtue of winning" yet failing to really talk about just who we have beaten? I'll admit this team has been the hardest top team to watch week after week due to a lack of a complete team showing but this team just keeps winning and I feel like that is a story among itself. Hoping for the best with the boys for the next few weeks so they can get the recognition they deserve. Go dawgs!

Comments

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t miss any sleep over it savvy bro. All you... or even really the team can do is ride their own wave. Give em a gata here and there and hopefully a hbtfd after the game Saturday.

• LBCoachLBCoach Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

60 minute struggles aren't exciting. I'll use a fighting analogy... would you be more excited for the big knockout artist who ends his fights early or the fighter who fights a struggle, wears down their opponent but comes out on top. We're not sexy, but we've got 3 possible games in front of us, and we're going to make every single one of them Dawg fights

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What I hear you saying is we are Rocky. He was from Philadelphia. You know who else is from Philadelphia....D’Andre Swift. I think it would only be appropriate for Swift to deliver the knockout blow on Saturday.

Go Dawgs!!!