Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: Speed demon Corey Wren backs off his UGA commitment

2»

Comments

• diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Again, that's why no one should read too much into a teenagers' 'commitment'.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still searching for top notch WR's this late in the game for 2020? . Yeh, they're dying to come to UGA. Perception is reality to these guys. Don't think other coaches aren't saying, "Why do you want to go and be a blocker for a run first offense and maybe catch 3 balls a game?

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Winning cures everything. I can’t help but believe that LSU is the hottest thing in town right now with these guys with all of their offense and who could blame the kids for being drawn to it. The 500# gorrila in the room is what’s going to happen after burrows graduates and the co offensive coordinator takes one of these coaching vacancies. You know it’s going to happen, just wonder what the fall out is going to be. It’s exciting and curious to see why the coaching staff is so quiet about recruits and visits.

go dawgs!!

• CrushmoreCrushmore Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Not hard to read the tea leaves on this one. Seems to happen every year. An early 3-star commit suddenly decommits for nonspecified reasons, Dawgnation.com writes an article about it, and eventually that spot gets filled with a more coveted late commit. That's just how Recruiting has evolved, right or wrong.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Carson Beck looks good on paper and on the field. Solid high school QB. Had some issues this season but is back in form. Stellar junior year. Rated #4 Pro style QB. Not a 5-Star as 7 QBs are rated ahead of him. But a solid #4. He needs to play a while at UGA to see how he handles college ranks. If Fromm is drafted early...IF...Carson could be trained up to fill in pretty well,...IMO. Strong, laser arm. Can move out of the pocket laterally really well. Tall..6' 4.5" ... 223 lbs. Good catch by UGA! GO DAWGS!!!

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m not just talking about Wren. I hope you are right about that. I’m also referring to the lost battles. Seems like Kirby was pretty much getting anyone he wanted for awhile. But he has lost the majority of the big time fish he’s gone after lately. Evans, Sewell, Walker, to name a few. Maybe because he’s going after the very best there is and that means you have to live with losing those battles a little more often. I also know that recruiting is one of those things where someone is the darling of the year. Right now that’s Clemson and LSU. Hopefully there’s a lot going on behind the curtain that will pay off at signing day.