Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH Georgia RB Zamir White: 'All I know is hard work and grinding'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH Georgia RB Zamir White: 'All I know is hard work and grinding'

Georgia running back Zamir White is a fan favorite, Bulldogs followers admiring his comeback from two ACL tears and hard-charging style

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

Godspeed to White, he's a good guy but because of his injuries all he can do is run in a straight line and that's not going to get it done in the SEC. Swift is gone, Pittman is gone, several OL will be going pro and a few others will probably transfer out and Coley is still here. 2020 is going to be a long, hard suffering season.

Kirby ain't the guy

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

I expect Zamir to have a tremendous season in 2020. Both he and Cook are a threat every time they touch the ball.

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

All is well with this team. CKS must replace Pittman - not just a new coach, but replace the quality of recruitment and presence. Coley actually called a good game in the SECCG - if Fromm hit just a few more of those passes, the running game would have been there.

Zeus will be fine. I don't know, though, about hitting the line at 100 mph. It seems that he always gets to the line and pauses, loses all inertia, and gets body tackled for a 2-3 yard gain. Nearly all of those runs would have been 5-6 yarders if he had been doing 100 mph through the line of scrimmage.

And, watch: we lose Herrien and Swift but get a fully healthy Zeus, Cook (who showed he needs to be on the field), McIntosh (who is a beast), and Milton . . . and maybe another recruit. Our fourth string back might be a sophomore, top-15 back in his class. There are no Heisman contender names there . . . but is more talented top-to-bottom than this year.

The question is QB. If Fromm comes back . . . will he at least let Beck, Bennet, and Mathis get some time? I'm just saying that when Bennet came in for Fromm, I was thinking that we could get back into the game.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love Zamir White and hope he becomes a superstar.

But sometimes he runs like he is blind-folded. He is handed the ball and runs at full speed in whatever direction he is facing, which is usually directly into an offensive lineman's back. I'm sure in high school he could just run over whoever was in his way. It doesn't work at this level.

He needs to calm down, slow down, and look for holes and gaps.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Classof98 nailed it. Zeus is a power runner but needs to juke and cut, spin and lose tacklers as Swift does...then take off. Spend just enough time at the line looking for holes and opportunities behind blockers. However, he is just no D'Andre Swift and never will be. But he is a prime mover for the future of UGA running backs. Great kid. Need to recruit another Swift type...breakaway speedster. IMO! The best running back in UGA history was Hershel Walker, (IMO) back in the day of the full-bore-full back. I watched him literally win the Natty by himself in 1980....thrilling. UGA had a great OL as well. Just musing.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Young man has overcome a lot adversity already in his few short years. Can't wait to see Zamir bust out next year, or possibly do it in the Sugar Bowl. Keep working young man, great things await..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

I totally agree about James Cook, but no more than Cook was utilized this season, I wouldn't be shocked to read he's entering the transfer portal. You recruited him to be a play maker, give him touches and let him do just that.. Most everyone said Isaiah McKenzie was too small, as of yesterday, he was on the field as a WR for the Buffalo Bills. And Cook is just as electric as McKenzie with the ball in his hands.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I look forward to seeing Zamir in the Sugar Bowl, but next year will be his coming out party! Like Chubb, the first year after rehab has been about getting his legs back under him. The second year all hell is going to break loose for Zeus who epitomizes what it is to be a DAWG!

• Options
    DocckDocck Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

Because Herschel could run over people and jump over them into the end zone!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Docck... Hershel was as strong a full back as I have ever seen in college football. He had amazing speed for a big guy as well. Todd Gurley is a good image of Walker. Todd is doing amazing things with the Rams. Chubb may develop into a Walker type but doubt it with Cleveland, although he is keeping playoff hopes alive! Tremendous power back.

• Options
    adawgadawg Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman
    edited December 2019

UGA66 - Herschel Walker was not a fullback, & who in the world is Cleveland. There's Ben Cleveland, but he's an OL.