Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 critical Georgia football factors involving Sam Pittman's departure

2»

Comments

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't forget the cleats...why were we slipping on the turf a good big more than LSU? Even my wife noticed this.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, that's been bugging me. How one team had such an issue with it, and the other not at all. We've played on that field every year that Smart has been here. Why was it suddenly an issue?

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Keep Kirby . Replace Coley with a top notch offensive mind and recruit a 5 star qb. Who is mobile.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Absolutely agree Tom1111. When our o-line is matched up against 7-8 in the box, and know a running play is going up the middle, it is hard for the o-line to be successful. Which I believe caused most of the injuries on the o-line. When you put 10 large individuals in a small area, bad things happen. With what I saw, most of the time when they were matched up 1 on 1, they did a pretty good job. Not great, but ok. The play calling, philosophy and execution was what failed this year.

So is Bobo going to SC? I haven't heard either way yet.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope Kirby decides to keep the offensive philosophy of the power running game.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Kirby can defend Coley all he wants, but when we are trying to run the read option, with a slow-as-heck quarterback who happens to have an ANKLE INJURY, it doesn't take Bill Walsh to know the playcalling sucks.

I would love to ask James Coley if he really thinks opposing defenses are afraid that Fromm will keep it.