Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Who would you rather have as the OC - Chaney or Kiffin

ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited August 2017 in General

For some reason, I began to think how Lane Kiffin would do at Georgia.

Anonymous Voting

Who would you rather have as the OC - Chaney or Kiffin 39 votes

Jim Chaney
33% 13 votes
Lane Kiffin
35% 14 votes
Neither
30% 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017

I don't like Kiffin, but he did do a good job at Alabama in my opinion.

I am also in the camp where I think Chaney should have another year in the booth.

I just thought I would solicit other anonymous opinions on the matter.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kiffin would be another that would be looking to throw Kirby under the bus for his own advancement. Chaney deserves a chance with a serviceable O line.

• Options
    sarceansarcean Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kiffin is far more talented

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBones said:

@sarcean said:

The talent aspect might be true but there is a reason that in 10 years he went from being the HC of the Oakland Raiders to the HC of Florida Atlantic.

Amen.

• Options
    KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2017

Kiffen is a great play caller but he is a huge _____

• Options
    daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kiffin is one of the best play callers in the game. He's also a full grown DIVA. Talk about weighing your risk vs reward. I think I'd pass because of the headaches he'd cause.
    Chaney deserves another shot w/ better OL play & a seasoned QB. Also like the thought of having an OC that would be around a while & not be a candidate for every HC job that comes open.
    If I could pick anyone, I'd pick Dan Enos from Arkansas. Kirby tried to hire him from the start. He'll be a HC soon though IMO.

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Chaney, just to avoid the Kiffin curse.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For all the Chaney haters what type of offense should Chaney have run with the tools he had.

1 poor OL I will never understand how Chubb gained 1216 yds he was constantly hit in the backfield.
    2 Freshman QB does anyone but me think that a lot of Jacob Eason’s problems might be running for your life. I wonder how he would have looked behind Alabama’s OL. The game is much faster if you don’t have the 3/4 of a second that a good OL gives you. It is so much easier to find the second or third option.
    3 Of your best receivers only Isaiah McKenzie 761 yds and Terry Godwin 411 yds were experienced receivers. Riley Ridley 279 yds and Isaac Nauta 361 yds were freshmen and one transfer receiver Javon Wims 190 yds.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@oldon42 You are exactly right. I have long said that the fact that Chubb was hit so often in the backfield is indicative of the so little time and space that Eason had. Not only was he throwing off his back foot a lot and didn't have the time to go through his reads, the receivers didn't have time to either get down field or get open. It's unrealistic to expect good accuracy downfield when you have to release the ball earlier than you wanted with a defender right in your face.

• Options
    pippin888pippin888 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Reeldawg said:

Anonymous Voting

There is a good reason Kiffin has had so many jobs in such a short time. Super play caller and super jerk

• Options
    edited August 2017

@pippin888 said:

@Reeldawg said:

Anonymous Voting

There is a good reason Kiffin has had so many jobs in such a short time. Super play caller and super jerk

All true; however, I can't help myself from thinking how Bama would have done in the National Championship if Kiffin was the OC.

It must have been a really bad environment to fire the OC for the final championship game.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2017

@Reeldawg said:

@pippin888 said:

@Reeldawg said:

Anonymous Voting

All true; however, I can't help myself from thinking how Bama would have done in the National Championship if Kiffin was the OC.

It must have been a really bad environment to fire the OC for the final championship game.

Actually, if I remember correctly, Kiffin had already quit Bama and was actively recruiting for FAU. Saban decided to cut ties before the NatChamp game as he figured, correctly, that Kiffin at the time was not focused on the team. Sark was already on board so it was really a relatively safe, and calculated risk. Course we all know how that turned out.

• Options
    RetiredRedcoatRetiredRedcoat Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn't have to really think hard. Chaney is questionable at best, but I want to not have to worry about Kiffin's penchant for doing dumb things

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Neither give me Matt Canada Dan Enos or even Noel Mazzone over those bums. I still think the only reason Kirby hired Chaney was for Pittman.

• Options
    mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would be glad to change my vote but right now I don't trust Chaney. I hope after this season I can change my vote to Chaney though...

• Options
    BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@DawgBones said:

@sarcean said:

The talent aspect might be true but there is a reason that in 10 years he went from being the HC of the Oakland Raiders to the HC of Florida Atlantic.

Is he related to Quitrino?