Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia star D'Andre Swift biggest bowl decision surprise among permanent captains, so far

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia star D'Andre Swift biggest bowl decision surprise among permanent captains, so far

Georgia football captains have surprised some with how they have decided on their Sugar Bowl futures, most notably D'Andre Swift

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Whether Swift pays or not, He is a DGD.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fromm holding back because of the missing offensive tackles....don't think so. He has been an outspoken Dawg fan from day one. He is just mulling his NFL chances against another season in college ranks. We need Fromm for this game.

• Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Swift takes a snap I will be totally shocked!! He is probably still banged up so why announce that you’re not attending the bowl game when you can attend and not play because of injury. Just a thought, and can’t imagine it not looking good to NFL

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does Swift’s timeline really indicate he will play? Maybe he just wants to keep a low profile. His health seems to be in question.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Excellent Article Mike, your best to date IMO. Thank you.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would LOVE to see Swift and the rest of those guys play for their brothers one more time in the Sugar Bowl, but these guys are the ones who know what's best for them, and I respect their decisions 100%. But man, this is the Sugar Bowl. And one last opportunity to play for Georgia. I understand there is a risk of injury, but it's football, the risk is always there. If I was wanting to play in this game, I would play, and I'd leave it all on the field. One last time. For not only myself, but for my brothers that I have battled with all season long. My teammates. My coaches. And for the Dawg Nation. One last time.

Best of luck to all the Dawgs headed to the NFL. Thank you for being a Dawg, and for all those great memories you have given us fans!

GO DAWGS!

BEAT BAYLOR!

• Options
    rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

First, I understand "times, attitudes have changed", I am old enough to enjoy many changes is our society for increased opportunities and freedoms for all. But I am also old enough to see some behaviors that that negatively affect us and our institutions. The attitude that bowl games mean nothing.......most college teams in America would do almost anything for the opportunities afforded to our and other elite school's players. Today players are demanding to be paid, calculate the expenses lavished on each player in the power five conferences. Forget about the tuition, books, room and board, the real benefits, unavailable at almost any price outside college sports and football, are developmental athletic training, nutrition, body development, the best possible medical care. Access to highly talented mentors, councilors , access and help to highly skilled tutors and the best coaches available. The best, most professional staffs money can buy. What is all this worth?

Today, many student athletes are "mercenaries". They do not play for the love of the game, for their team, coaches or school. They play to advance a professional career. Our systems have become so weak and corrupt, players are treated differently, depending their worth to the program. It is okay to renege on their commitment if things do not go as they want. Players now decide which games they wish to participate. Institutions, fearing future recruiting issues, allow these behaviors. The reality is most college athletes, even in the power five conferences well know they will never have a pro career, become wealthy playing football. They play simply for the love of the game, loyalty to their team, team mates, school and even community. They work so hard for playing time and relish each play. This is what made college football great. Playing for the love of the game was almost universal. This used to way of college sports and we all are are poorer it is no longer the case.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This game means nothing. Its an exhibition game that should be done away with. No player who has draft stock in the 1st 3 rds should play in it.its not going to help their stock much but it can hurt it in many ways. The playoffs are the only games that matter now. Go Dawgs!!!