Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What Georgia football 2020 signing class says about each position group

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageWhat Georgia football 2020 signing class says about each position group

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. What Georgia football 2020 signing class says about Georgia position Quarterback: The Bulldogs signed 4-star

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So many moving parts right now. I’m really curious to see what Jake decides.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭ Junior

Much is being made of Tech's 24th rated recruiting class, but it is too early to know what their final rating will be. The ratings are derived by adding the rating of each player signed. Tech signed 22 players in the early signing period and will probably add 3 more in February. A team rated lower than Tech could pass them in the final ratings if they have more scholarships available. At this point announcing the top team is premature.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just my two cents that’s worth probably less than half that. I have always believed Jake would return for his Senior season and get his degree before moving on. I’m not completely convinced D’Wan will ever play another down of football. I hope I’m wrong but his health is far more important. I wish him a world of luck either way. If D’Wan is not cleared I believe Carson will rapidly move into a backup role to Jake and Stetson will be pushed further back down the depth chart. But, he will have a good education and will always be a DGD! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any news on former LSU commit Devon Clowney? He’s the #7 WDE and a 4-star. I notice the 247 “crystal ball” has him 100% UGa. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ooooops, I meant “Demon” not “Devon” Clowney in my comment below.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Another good thing for which to be thankful. No drama this year.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

CJ Stroud sits for a year at Ohio State and then transfers to UGA where he wins the Heisman.

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

The biggest surprise of the early signing day was the treasure trove of WRs signed. It makes one wonder what promises the staff is making to pull these guys in, when our offense looked so bland this year. Makes me hopeful that there are some exciting changes in store on the offensive side of the ball. In any case a great job of landing these guys, and hopefully we will hear some good news in the near future about the offensive philosophy moving forward. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I doubt UGA will EVER have a more talented Outside Linebacker room. Most teams would kill for a player of Bael's ilk, he got very little playing time. Now Bael has been replaced with arguably the best high school linebacker in the nation.

• Options
  • Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great Class ! Excited to see what the 5* recruits ultimately decide ! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
  • Options
    Dogbone1Dogbone1 Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

Great that we are on track for another highly rated class of recruits. With that said, perhaps these are the concerns at this juncture:

1. Having such highly rated classes has been the norm since coach Smart arrived. While not to be minimized, nothing new. Previous recruiting doesn’t seem to explain struggles especially in key games the last couple of years.
    2. A major concern remains what the staff will do with these recruits added to what we already have? The offense and special teams in particular have struggled for a while despite highly rated classes.
    3. Has this been more a function of schemes, coaching/development, or underutilizing 4/5 star recruits to full potential? If we have a bench full of 4/5 star offensive players (including the great new receivers) and we don’t upgrade the play calling and schemes will this really matter? Occasional “safe” backfield and sideline/back shoulder passes and terror of throwing in the middle, along with continued runs up the middle on 1st/2nd downs into a stacked box?
    4. Will the influx of “young” receivers reinforce an ongoing excuse for offensive conservatism? It can be argued that getting these young talents game day experience from game one with a more aggressive offense is how they must develop so that they will be ready and useful for key late/post-season games.