Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranks Georgia QB Jake Fromm draft stock behind Jacob Eason

2»

Comments

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wilson will end up a 2nd round pick

You are comparing apples to oranges. This is more comparable to Hardman who had the size and speed that saw his stock rise as the draft approached '

A man as big as Wilson who from mid year on was our best OL just didn't have the fan / media hype and that moves the way he can with a long wing span ……. lets just say he is more likely to climb his way into round One than to fall past the Third round

If Big Ben also ends up declaring for the draft he also would only improve his stock in combines . He is a work out warrior and he is a road grader in the run game. The man is just a mauler. Much like Ben Jones from a few years back the NFL finds a place on the OL for guy with the attitude and ability of men like this

• Options
    StringGeneStringGene Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

College is the last real football these guys will ever play... I'd play till they run me off. The NFL is nothing but WWE... fake as frog hair. The money is the only real thing about it.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

...and if Eason were still a Dawg, he would still be Fromm's backup.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, Shoottehhooch, I am an older DAWG, no playoffs, just win and grin....lolol. Thanks.

• Options

I thought Eason played very well against ranked Boise State last night...38-7 victory. He was mobile, accurate, and nailed a couple of over the shoulder bombs. He is similar to Fromm but stronger and more versatile. I do not believe he would be Fromm's backup. He looked a lot more mature. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Only because CKS sees Fromm as his boy and saw Eason as a CMR player

But hey Kool-Aid drinker like you thinks Fromm is better than God ….. cant fix that kind of thought

If Eason and Fromm enter the NFL at same time at no point will Fromm be in front of Eason ….. Same can be said for the young man starting at Ohio State ….. If Tom Brady in his prime walked in the door as a QB fans like you and the main guy CKS would still start Fromm and swear by the constant 5-7 yard passes and (pray his guy slips a tackle and gains more yards) his great leadership of handing the ball off into run blitz's

No Way No How Talent vs Talent Fromm could beat out Eason or Fields but just listen to CKS talk about the things you cant measure and how Fromm is a lot like him (his boy) that's the only thing that kept Fromm in the line-up

• Options
    FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep, Kirby ran off Eason and Fields and kept Fromm and lost Pittman and kept Coley.

In the context of winning a national championship, Kirby ain't the guy

• Options

I reckon QBs Eason, Fields and Fromm will blaze their own paths to the future. UGA better be happy with newbie Carson Beck. Coley is with us..like it or not. Kirby sees something in the OC many do not. The Pit-Man is entrenched in Arkansas rebuilding. OLC Luke hit the field running and is a favorite of recruits....and Kirby! Smart is the UGA coach and AD McGarity won't budge. So like it or not...he is the coach of choice for now.....etc. My beam is aimed at 2020....with a Bowl game wedged in between. I honestly believe UGA has a host of really good new position players that need to be coached into the SEC. Rosemy and speedster Arian Smith should be standout receivers. Kendall Milton is a full-size, #3, 5-star, power running back with excellent speed. He can complement Cook and White and special teams' Kenny McIntosh, who can sub as an RB at any time. Both Lines look BIG as usual. You guys know how things look....I'm just self-mulling. If UGA signs either 5-star Ringo or Washington or both (unlikely) that would send UGA recruiting into orbit!!! They will let all know Jan/Feb. Ringo just may surprise UGA and has signed. Washington: it is much more doubtful he penned the UGA signee pledge? QB is my big hang-up

GO DAWGS!!!.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wilson won't go in the top 3 rounds. Hope for his sake I'm wrong. Lots of big kids out there. He could use another year of maturing. Probably just get some invites. Thomas,and Kindley, will go before him.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow! Eason rated higher than Fromm. Watched Eason in September and saw the same strong arm and less success on shorter throws that he showed at UGA. At that time I still felt better about Fromm, but as the season played out Jake seemed to regress. At this point who knows which one will have the better pro career. Probably Eason. He has the stronger arm and he is taller, but Fromm has more football knowledge.

• Options
    williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

They also said Baker Mayfield was a good QB. I skipped the channel back and forth last Sunday between the Cleveland game (mainly to watch Chubb) and the Atlanta game. There was a remarkable difference between the throwing of Mayfield and Matt Ryan. I don't put much belief into Kiper's ratings after he rated Baker Mayfield as a top QB. He ain't nothing compared to Matt Ryan. The Falcons are lucky to have such a great passer. In my opinion Eason has the most potential