Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranks Georgia QB Jake Fromm draft stock behind Jacob Eason

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranks Georgia QB Jake Fromm draft stock behind Jacob Eason

Georgia football quarterback Jake Fromm is ranked No. 5 among NFL draft eligible QBs, but Fromm has not yet said if he's turning pro or coming back for a senior season

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

"...Fromm would go through the same evaluation process with NFL personnel..." My guess is that the "NFL personnel" who actually have a vested interest in their draft picks will not consult with Kiper, Jr. nor his equally inept prognosticator of the NFL draft, Todd McShay. Who in the world would actually pay ESPN to get worthless information from either of these flunkies? It is because of players and their families giving credence to these jokers and other talking heads that players like Nauta, Holyfield, and Ridley skip their senior seasons and thus forfeit tens of thousands of dollars because they failed to listen to the people that mattered and didn't return to school for their senior seasons.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This article is pretty discouraging as we head to another Bowl game! I am a Dawg alum but hold little hope for a win again...reprise of last year only this could be a whupping. This article tells me we have just a few of our top Dawgs attending the Sugar. Our QB may not even show how bad is this?? Nation's top running back...no show in Swift. One of the other backs will be banned from the game for misconduct. Linemen leaving as if a hurricane were on its way. You know their names. Why bother showing up? I guess the lesser players will get a chance to touch, but that is about it. You guys can buoy me up.......I need it. I would say GO DAWGS!!! but I can't find any!!!

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man we need to beat Baylor ! It looks like we will be without a few DGDs !

• Options

Non-playoff bowl games=20 practices to begin gearing up for next year's playoff run. The perception of all the teams that don't finish #1 is that they are losers. I am excited about seeing guys who will be battling for positions and playing time in the bowl game. How much did the loss to Texas matter to either team in 2020? Texas, zero; UGA zero. All that matters in the playoff era is: Did you win the natty OR what did you do to improve your chances next year. Thank you to all the Dawgs who will be going on to fulfill their NFL dreams and for sitting out the bowl! You are providing your teammates with invaluable opportunities to begin the playoff run in 2020!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cant believe our big right tackle is coming out when nobody is even talking about him going early. Where is his advice coming from?Come back for your senior year and go in the 1st or 2nd round in 2021!! Money, money, money,money

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2019

I respectfully disagree. Every loss and every win matters, especially those of a bowl game. Every year a win or loss in a bowl game will impact our year-end ranking as well as our ranking to start the following year. Not to mention, every future recruit pays attention to the teams they are considering. Winning ALWAYS matters to winners. Lastly, winning a bowl game garners another trophy to always be displayed by the winning University.

Come on ShoottheHooch, it's all ball-bearings these days.

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Put Fromm's heart and mind in Eason's body and you'd have the next Tom Brady. instead another Aaron Murray and (fill in the blank tall dolt with big arm).

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

You'd think Wilson might have learned a lesson after watching the early entrants fall on their face at the combine and draft day. Unless you are round one or two, stay in school, get the degree and make every effort to improve your draft stock. Wonder if Holyfield or Nauta would make a different decision now? Most of the Dawgs who left early last year have started to waive goodbye to their NFL careers.

• Options

How did the loss to Texas and our year end ranking affect our 2019 season and our recruiting this year? Zip! Zero! Yes, it would have been great if the players that did play in the Sugar Bowl last year had won, but the primary result from that game was that Ojulari and other young players that had limited opportunities during the season got additional practices and live snaps that prepared them for the playoff run in 2019.

Of course, the coaches and players want to win every game because they are competitors, but they also have an eye on the big picture. I certainly understand your point of veiw and enjoy your comments even when we disagree. Thanks!

• Options

Shootthehooch...I agree as far as you took this. But take two consecutive Sugar Bowl losses, let's say. What then? Do we call them no-impact practice games for some of the players? You come off another loss in the SECCG and follow that up with another loss in the subsequent Bowl game...just saying or even a win.....then how important is that game? What you are saying is the Bowl games are good but not impactful? Another trophy>?? It is a psychological thing. Just musing. Not denigrating at all. You do make very good points. Coaches do have an eye on the bigger picture, certainly. But, as you said, they are competitive and should be equally competitive every game....including a Sugar Bowl.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

What I'm thinking....Georgia loses Sugar Bowl......If that happens I will be paying close attention to next years predictions...I think most of the experts will be picking Florida or Tennessee

• Options

66, Thanks for the debate! It's all the different opinions that make college football interesting. Let me ask you, how did any of the losses including the Gator, Meineke Car Care, and Orange Bowls, as well as, the NCG in 2015 in Dabo's first eight years affect Clemson? All those years and losses were building blocks to winning the natty in Dabo's NINTH year! Heck yes, I want the Dawgs to beat Baylor, but should they lose, the sky is not falling, the Bulldogs are still heading up with a bullet, and Kirby will have yet another block in place that is the foundation of a NC for our beloved alma mater!

• Options

No the sky is not falling. Yes, Dabo had many "building" years. I sincerely hope these "building " years for Coach Smart are finally reflected in a Natty. Bowl games help in the "building." To win them strengthens the resolve of coaches, fans, players, supporting alums and recruits,and it is all on display in the media. Just maybe that enables CKS and staff to enter that coveted arena earlier than later. Just that simple winning edge can result in an advantage season to season. I traveled with the UGA team some under Vince Dooley...believe me, the Bowl games were THE game capping a tough season. The spirit of the team was lifted more than you know. It was a watershed to UGA in those days. I can still remember Dooley beaming proudly, wearing his sombrero at the Fiesta Bowl....a big win! Prepare to win...every game. They all count. Thanks for the joust. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So Mike, you've retold, rehashed, and remade the exact same info into no less than 4 articles. Anything new going on?

• Options
    edited December 2019

I'm certainly not saying we should not try to win. The fact remains, some elite players are not going to participate giving opportunities to younger players that will be depended on to take the next step, beginning with the bowl game, for next year. This excites me!

Losing to Texas created a negative dialog amongst many UGA fans about Kirby, the affects of the loss on the team, and recruiting. Now, the same dialog exists following the LSU game even with an 11 and 1 regular season, east champs, and wins over ND, UF, and Auburn. Well, the loss of Hardman, Ridley, and Nauta did affect the team. The loss to Texas did not. Nor did it affect recruiting. We are top four with three five stars trending heavily to UGA. Sign those and we will be challenging for the top class in February. Evidently, the recruits have more faith in Coach Smart, his staff, and the team than many Dawg fans.

Of course, bowls meant more in the Dooley era. All due respect to Coach Dooley, but he did not coach during the playoff era and the most Dawg fans hoped for in those days, except for the Walker years, were an SEC championship and a bowl win. With Kirby, it's a natty or bust.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Eason will end the 2nd or 3rd QB drafted in this years draft if he declares,

His stock will rise in every workout Pro scouts go to watch. His numbers were solid for a kid nearly 2 years removed from being able to play a single game. He has every Pro box checked. Big body, solid decision making, big arm, great pocket awareness, solid movability around the pocket.

Fromm stock will stay level or even sink a tad, His arm is average, His decision making is average ( he makes great decisions not throwing interception however he overlooks big plays that are needed in the NFL instead throwing to the flat on 5-8 yard routes leaving guys running open deep) More to decision making than not throwing interceptions.

I picture Fromm as a career back-up much like David Green was. You can trust him to learn his job and come in and finish out a game with a start here and there and not hurt the team...… In my opinion that's a great spot to be in the NFL. You make great money for multiple years without all the wear and tear on your body

Fromm has lil to lose or gain if he returns. His stock in the NFL is stable it will not rise or fall much either way.