Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jacob Eason is the ultimate Georgia football 'What if' as he declares for NFL draft

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageJacob Eason is the ultimate Georgia football 'What if' as he declares for NFL draft

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Jacob Eason provided Georgia football a number of 'What If' moments Jacob Eason's college career officially came

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

He was our Felipe Frank's. Big arm, just no it factor

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Eason was still the QB, I doubt Fields signs. He probably goes to Penn State. I think Eason would have done well in 2017 because the 2016 O-line and defense was no where near as good as 2017 and he had a respectable 2016. I really liked Eason and I hope does well in the league. I wouldn't mind seeing him in with the Falcons and sit behind Ryan for a few years and develop like Rogers did behind Favre.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I believe Eason's confidence was shattered when he didn't retain his position. In his freshman season he played behind arguably the worse ol in school history but the kid  could handle the big moments particularly against Mizzou and Tenn. I hope he does well at the next level wherever he lands.

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not sure he will ever come back to visit at UGA but if he does Dawg fans will welcome him as a DGD. That's just how we roll.

• Options
    msj917msj917 Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

When you look at how he started the App State game before the injury. I believe we would have been 8-5 at best. He has the tools and I believe he is a DGD but I have yet to see him play at a championship level w/ either Dawgs, UGA or UW I will say though he is a man of good character and that is what I truly appreciate him for!

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eason's transfer set the stage for Kirby to keep Fields away from Fl and aubrn. The only aspect to speculate upon is how badly either one of those teams would have beat us (for three staight years) with Fields as their QB. Thanks Kirby.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was supposed to be the Jacob Eason and Shae Patterson show for three years before they became the first and second picks in the draft. So much for stars and composites!

Jacob became the poster boy for hope after the coaching change. On the one hand, we had the skinny five star "can't miss" QB from Washington, but on the other hand, a grad transfer guard from Rhode Island playing left tackle. 8 and 5 that first year definitely wasn't all on Jacob! Even with a new HC, a new OC, and an offense he was never comfortable running, he gave the program hope. For that, I will always appreciate Jacob!

I won't be surprised at all to see him do great things in the NFL. I will be a fan of whatever team that takes him. GATA, "Skinny"!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think, if given the right OC/QB coach, he would've been phenomenal(Oklahoma). But with our outdated offense, it was just never meant to be. He had all the talent in the world and people are quick to throw him away. Now that Fromm has experienced that injury bug, does he have shaken confidence like Eason? And it's really sad to say that Eason's "best" receiver he had, was only 5'7" in a league where corners are 6 foot and up. Yeah I know he saved us in the Mizzou game. But if given a better OL and biggers receivers and actual passing to tight ends that they harp on EVERY year, he would've done well. But CKS likes to look at stacked boxes, brings him back to the good ol days of being on defense.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just watched several Jacob Eason highlights this year. A very talented arm. Does he have the it factor? Does Jake? What is that based on? Practice? Rah-rah noise making? Leading your team to victories? Beating Alabama in the 4th quarter when you have the opportunity to win the Natty? Faltering to get anything going in the 4th quarter again last year against Alabama? The "it factor" doesn't win NC's. It takes talent and a will to not be defeated. Tua had it in the Championship game we he evaded practically all our defense on that one run. Then o the winning play looked one direction and came back and threw that dart dead center in the opposite direction for the win. Hurts had it last year when he used his legs and his arm(threw better than ever before) to bring Bama back. Joe Burrow had it when he dodged Trayvon Walker not once, but twice, on the same play and hit a big pass.

I have yet to see those big moment plays from Jake. Sure he made plays in lesser games, so did Eason. Not saying sticking with Jake was the wrong call. Just adding my 2 cents about the so called "it factor."

Justin Fields may show some "it factor" before everything is said and done. My guess is CKS will be pulling for Clemson.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In that NC game, people forget Tua threw a horrible interception and took an inexplicable loss on the play that sat up his heroics. Both true freshman mistakes! Had Jake not been late getting over to cover that receiver (it had to be Jake since that loss is completely on his shoulders) Jake would be the TF NC phenom and Tua would be the TF that made TF mistakes that prevented his team from winning the NC! Funny how fate sometimes works!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll never forget after the loss in NCG that Jacob Eason was waiting on Fromm before going in the tunnel.

I hope Eason hits it big in the NFL!

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Like in so may aspects of life, luck & timing play integral roles...

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

What if in football are the same as they are in all of life ….. useless to think about

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What if..DAWGNATION had actual journalist..

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

No one said the loss in the NC game was all Jake's fought. the topic at hand was the so called "it factor" . Only that as Tua made mistakes, as you say, so did Jake(Bouncing that pass off a defenders helmet that led to the interception by their lineman) a real (momentum turner). In the end regardless of mistakes made by both, one guy came through in the clutch and one guy didn't.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

One thing both Fromm and Eason have in common is that both have a bad passing habit that will need to be fixed. For Fromm, it’s the unnecessary flip of the ball on passing plays. It’s a split second waste of time and unnecessary risk of ball control. For Eason, it’s the three-quarter throwing motion. Instead of coming over the top, he ends up reducing a 6-5 quarterback to someone closer to 5-11.

• Options

"it’s the three-quarter throwing motion. Instead of coming over the top, he ends up reducing a 6-5 quarterback to someone closer to 5-11."

Yeh I noticed that right off the bat when watching his high school tape. It does appear to me that in watching his highlights this season that he has improved in that area.