Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia tailback Brian Herrien out for Sugar Bowl, not with team in New Orleans

SystemSystem Posts: 10,441 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia tailback Brian Herrien out for Sugar Bowl, not with team in New Orleans

Georgia football senior tailback Brian Herrien is not in New Orleans with the Bulldogs and will not play in the Sugar Bowl, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the situation

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're going in to play a major bowl game against one of the nation's much-improved teams without your two top running backs and three top linemen...plus top WR. Not taking anything away form the subs, but...... Miracles do happen. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Players sitting out bowl games has gotten ridiculous!!! I understand the "reasons" but that has been true since the nfl started and this never happened until a couple of years ago. To use Col. Potter's expression "Horsefeathers".

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I had heard a rumor that Herrien was academically ineligible like Cleveland but this is the first confirmation I have seen that it may be true. Sorry to see Brian miss his last game. He has been a DGD. I bet most of his best runs no one ever got to see because they were in practice. I am not surprised that Swift wants to go out on a high note with GA. He has a lot of pride and I can’t believe his last two games are the way he wants to be remembered. Him and the other backs running behind a fresh offensive line (with something to prove) might be just what the doctor ordered. A refreshed running game could be just what the passing game needs as well.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

I feel terrible for Brian if that's true. I get this is college but ****! DGD!

• Options
    DawgGonePrideDawgGonePride Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

We are gonna end up playing with kids from Hahira Middle and after the game the headlines will read how Jake Fromm is the problem.....

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I posted on another story asking what was going on with Herrien before I saw this story. At least we know SOMETHING now. Sad if indeed the cause is academic ineligibility. I hope that's not the case because I think his pro prospects are thin and UGA might be his last hurrah so he'll need a degree. He runs hard, but he's not fast or quick and as much power as we say he has, I'm a little surprised he didn't have more yards this year. And something tells me that if Herrien was playing and Swift was healthy, that Cook would be sitting out this game, or at least the first half. But we need him so the discipline has already been handled and all is forgiven.

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coach Smart declined to address his status. Either he quit the team to prepare for the NFL, he's academically ineligible, or he failed a drug test resulting in a suspension.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I really hate it that Herrien won't get to play in this game. he has given so much to the program, and this was his last chance to earn a 100 yards in a game. I wish him nothing but the best.

• Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

The 3 starters removed from the OL is a much bigger problem. Do we not employ academic advisors any longer?

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My hope with the new line is that it may cause a different game scheme like more slants or sweeps or getting the ball out quick. This would be Fromms forte.

Also, I hope this is zeus’s Coming out party. I love how he runs the pill!

go dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well hmmmm....hate to hear about Herrien. If Swift doesn't play also, then it will be up to Zeus and Cook to carry the load. Fromm needs to be on target with whomever decides they can catch the ball. With these kind of absences, it's just another reason why I strongly believe that a TRUE dual-threat QB is the best way forward in college ball. We need that running threat to help offset injuries and such.

We're going to have our hands full against the Bears...still no excuses for laying an egg.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Next man up. Time for all those good recruiting classes to pay off in terms of depth. Don't think for a second BAMA couldn't do it. Their second string QB put up 41 points on LSU.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They are doing what's best for them. They earned this right by being DGD for 3-4 yrs. No player who is a 1-3rd pick should play in these exhibition non-playoff games.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"No player who is a 1-3rd pick should play in these exhibition non-playoff games."

The odds of getting hurt in any one game are small(that would end a career). But it basically boils down to a business decision. Say a kid gets hurt and drops in the draft or misses it all together, that could be devastating emotionally and financially. Something the coaching staff doesn't have to worry about. Most of these kids come from poor or middle class families. It's life changing for them.

• Options
    OKDAWG64OKDAWG64 Posts: 26 ✭ Freshman

Teams' top players holding out of bowl games really affects the quality of these games. It really leaves you with a question as to who the better team was for the season.

I think the schools/NCAA should take out short term insurance policies to cover career and even season-long injuries incurred in bowl games. Maybe this would stop at least some of the bowl game holdouts.