Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football fan-favorite Zamir White could pick up slack at Sugar Bowl

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football fan-favorite Zamir White could pick up slack at Sugar Bowl

Georgia football redshirt freshman Zamir White could be in line for significantly more work in the Sugar Bowl with Brian Herrien out and D'Andre Swift injured

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We pretty much have a new team missing all the guys that we are missing. Well lets see if Baylor stacks the box and how many times we run into it!

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

What is happening to my beloved bulldogs ??

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I fully expect Zamir to start with McIntosh his backup and Cook thrown in all over the place. I do not expect Swift to play but he will dress out for the game, much like Ledbetter (?) did in last year's Sugar Bowl. I believe in my heart that this talk from CKS about Swift doing better at practice before the team left Athens and him being undecided about going pro is really just a smokescreen to throw Baylor off track. I think they already know Swift won't be in position to carry the load but they want Baylor to have to prepare for him.

I'm very interested to see if Pickens shows up the Big Easy. Odd that not even DN stories leading up to the bowl game have mentioned him, even to speculate on his status. It feels as if they already know he won't be in New Orleans but no one wants to tell us, and I think that's who Kirby is talking about when he talks about only bringing the players that really want to play in the game and this being a new season with only one game and all that other crap . . .

Which leads me to, what in the world is going on with Brian Herrien? Will we EVER get an explanation about what is going on with him? At this point, I'd even be willing to listen to wild rumors and speculation about what's going on. Something. If he was going pro, seems like he would just announce that. And if he was hurt, seems the school would just say that.

Just a bunch of weirdness and strange happenings involving the nation's #5 ranked team.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm afraid that there is something going on between Kirby and some of his players that makes me uncomfortable. I recognize it early on (2016). Ultimately, the relationship between coaches and players have to be fundamentally sound in order for them to meet their goals.

On another note, I'm glad ZW is finally getting the opportunity to showcase his talent at least I hope he does and the few times I watch Mr McIntosh play, I came away fully impressed. This team is loaded with talent folks no doubt about it!!!!!

• Options
    flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think he's referring as to why Herrien isn't playing in the bowl game..

• Options
    Dawgs2015Dawgs2015 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

I'm eager to see more of kenny McIntosh I think he has better vision than white. He had our longest run from scrimmage

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I haven't seen Macintosh enough to have any opinion...I think Cook is a good back and will probably carry the load in this game...I just haven't been impressed with White...I just don't see the quickness

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

McIntosh has got more shake and bake IMO. Zeus more of that grunt, "you can't bring me down" kind of determination. McIntosh was the Alpha Dawg in HS.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The bowl game will be a good chance to see our younger players in action. Looking forward to it!

On Zeus: I think he will bounce back next year much like Chubb did 2 years after his injury.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I guess curious minds create a lot of speculation and negativity. We will get the truth when it’s time for us to know, only a fool shows his hand before it’s time.

I would venture to guess “what is going on between Kirby and some of his players” is discipline and buying in. Kids come out of high school being the alpha dog on their team and are use to being able to call the shots.

• Options
    ypcregypcreg Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, so far ZW hasn't really shown why he is the Number 1 rated RB for 2018, maybe partly because of his injury, but he hasn't really been productive with the limited opportunities given to him. I think we would have seen a much bigger role for him had he been more productive. I actually think KM looked better than ZW, and should get more carries.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

"I would venture to guess “what is going on between Kirby and some of his players” is discipline and BUYING IN"

Why aren't some of his players buying in? I see signs of FAVORITISM. When you treat some players better than others you're setting yourself up for failure. Ever seen Kirby scream or yell at Jake Fromm in front of millions of fans on national tv? I haven't but I've seen him scream at other players in a rage! Favoritism is divisive and toxic and needs to be eradicated.