Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Broderick Jones: The 5-star OT details why he is still committed to Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageBroderick Jones: The 5-star OT details why he is still committed to Georgia

Broderick Jones rates as the nation's No. 2 OT for this class. He remains committed to Georgia, but Auburn is there as well as a team to watch down the stretch. Why is he still committed to the Bulldogs?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On one hand, I feel he is sincere about staying close to home and still being committed to UGA. On the other, I have a hard time understanding some of these young men saying they are committed but still wanting to look around. In a committed relationship you don’t do that because well, you’re NOT truly committed. Maybe I’m too old to understand these things anymore. 🤨 Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're not too old BornADawg. These kids, are in many instances, just that... still kids. They say they are and always have been a Dawg then sign with Auburn or someone else. You want to believe them, sure. They are new Dawgs when you sign them up and see them on the practice field. Even then it is iffy with the transfer portal so easily accessed!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We need an anchor at left tackle not a Swiss Army Knife, all due respect to Cade! Cade is too important for the depth he provides across the line.

This young man sounds perfect for Luke's desire for the OL to be more athletic!

Please sign with the Dawgs Mr. Jones!

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think a more athletic line will serve the team well. This year’s line seemed to underachieve for that very reason.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

He will surely need atleast a year in the Strength and Conditioning program to be a SEC ready LT. Go Dawgs !

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he's as good as advertised, I certainly hope he signs with UGA. At the very end of the story, it certainly sounded like he had a strong connection to UGA. I did, however, find it somewhat odd that he still hasn't seen Coach Luke in person. I kind of thought Luke would make personally visiting him a priority like he did with Tate Ratledge. I mean, the kid is less than an hour's drive away from Athens in Lithonia, so it wouldn't take much. Or shoot, go to one of his basketball games. But see him before the OV to let him know how much we care. As for him being committed, when he says he's committed @BornADawg , I think what he (and others) really mean is that right now UGA is the school they favor at the moment, but in their mind, being "committed" doesn't mean they can't visit other schools. And IF those schools are more impressive, they feel free to change their minds (i.e. commitment). I think their understanding and meaning of the word is that it just means I like you the best for now, but I could be persuaded to think otherwise. It sounds like he's ours to lose -- but it IS POSSIBLE for us to lose him. I hope we don't. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Music to my ears, all of it.