Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Georgia practice observations, who's out, projected starters

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Georgia practice observations, who's out, projected starters

Georgia football was missing several players, but the Bulldogs still have an impressive projected starting lineup for the Sugar Bowl

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GABirdDAWG69GABirdDAWG69 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Transfer portal is about to be busy

• Options
    KeysvilleDawgsKeysvilleDawgs Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

I understand D rob, but why are Landers or Simmons ahead of Pickens on this projection? I haven't heard he's not playing...

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unbelievable. It is worse than I imagined. UGA is frankly...decimated. Good thing we have a strong set of recruit signees in 2020. As for Baylor and the Sugar...you figure it out. A win by Baylor would turn some of these kids off! Georgia simply cannot let this happen....how?....A miracle. Just maybe UGA's defense can win another one? Matt Luke is terrific but can he be that miracle worker with the offense???!!! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Strange that Pickens doesn’t get mentioned in any of these articles.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All due respect 66, how on God's green earth can it be worse than you imagined? Munson only dreamed of being so pessimistic!

A loss to Baylor will do nothing to this recruiting class...unless recruits see an opportunity and are even more excited about signing with the Dawgs!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Walker and Wilson? Transfer portal bound? Or drug test fail? Didn't know they were not playing. Article did not mention injury. What happened to Pickens? Come on fellas, more details. How the world can you write such a long article, but have no information in it?

Reed to me is a big loss in making the calls, but physicality and coverage skills, I would rather have Cine out there.

UGA66, I don't think it will effect the recruiting as much as you think. Several have already signed, so can't change those. Now it could with Jones and Sedwick (?). Now me personally, I think Kirby knows he lost out on the top 3 5* players and is not in the caring mood, but then again, knows he has them and excited to get to next year.

Go Dawgs.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think we will see a lot of attrition through the transfer portal this year. It also maybe an opportunity to go after some players of need. The portal is going to change the way teams recruit. Going to be hard to hang on to a lot today these 4 and 5 star guys who think they should be on the field most of the time.

• Options

Well Hooch you got the "God's green earth right."...lol. We'll just see what eventuates. Maybe the recruits won't be affected. I do admit some of these high schoolers see weakness areas as opportunities for them to fill early on a particular team...such as Rosemy did following UGA. Development is another big issue. At least one did not see UGA as a developer of TEs. I cast my bread upon the waters....let's see what returns. Can't be right (or wrong) all the time...lolol.

• Options

Sixteen starters and reserves out or questionable.!!!!! Seventeen if D'Andre is a no show. Is that some kind of noir UGA record? It was a long, tough season. I have not checked out other teams!

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Once again "professional sports writer" Mike Griffith drops a bomb in the middle of an article and then does nothing to elaborate or provide any evidence. Yesterday it was "a divided locker room" to describe last year's team. Today its "failed substance test". Who failed it, Mike?

• Options
    sutherngasuthernga Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kirby to me acts like he's Nick Saban with all of the secrecy that isn't afforded to him as Nick Saban. Kirby hasn't won NOT ONE National Championship to deem the secrecy of this program and the lack of direction it is headed. I guess he expects the Georgia fans to trust him when the actions of these players bring into question his leadership and direction of this program. There is no excuses for all of these players to be out of a bowl game when other schools are not having the same issues. Georgia fans need to wake up start asking McGarity what is really going on here. Georgia is paying this guy too much money to not win bowl games and national championships. The same standard you had for Mark Richt should definitely apply to Kirby.

• Options
    Dawg1982Dawg1982 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I'm pulling for all of the young backs. One never knows, this could be a break out game for one or more of them. With new coach Matt Luke coaching the offensive line, maybe the line will be more aggressive in getting good blocks to open up some holes

or clear the way for the run game. New kids, new philosophy, hopefully they will buy in easily.