Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football can thank Urban Meyer for 5-star linebacker Mekhail Sherman

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football can thank Urban Meyer for 5-star linebacker Mekhail Sherman

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football can thank Urban Meyer for Mekhail Sherman Urban Meyer is not well-liked among Georgia fans.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, Fromm is 1-0 in playoff games.

The receiver and tight end talent should be vastly improved next year. Can't wait to see the offensive talent from the 2020 signing class get on the field. It would be fun to see Fromm come back and help develop the young pass catchers. We will see...

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hilarious.....Jake Fromm has more playoff wins...just typical UGA fans.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

Johnson took a "leap of faith" committing to psu.. No guarantees that they develope you into a NFL TE either..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hold on.... isn’t Fromm 1-1 in playoffs?

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree. Prior to the beginning of the season, I shared my opinion that receiver would be a STRONG point on several occasions. Boy was I ever wrong! I think that is my biggest miss as a judge of talent (fans perspective). Receivers were our biggest weakness.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know Fromm missed some passes this season I watched a lot of our receivers on off routes and many ran very lazy routes. When the pass was going to them on stop routes, they didn’t come back to the ball allowing the defender to close. I thought Blaylock and Cager were our best route runners. Pickens wast the best at high pointing the ball. But 3rd and 4th option guys in the route have to bust it for 2 reasons if nothing else, if OL gives Fromm time he may get to the 4th option and those guys have to sell the route to clear out space. For a good receiver, there is no such thing as an off play. I know Hankton is a great recruiter but he has to sharpen these guys skills.

Landers drops to many catchable balls. I can’t figure out Robinson, he has the speed and the footwork to gain separation but seldom does. We need him and Simmons to step up big against Baylor. Not hearing anything about Pickens for this game.

• Options

Fromm has only played in 2 bowl games, excluding this year's Sugar Bowl. Beat OU in the playoffs, lost to Texas in the Sugar Bowl last season in a non playoff game.

• Options
  • Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's some truth to what you say. Better receivers would have helped us. No doubt. But it's not ALL their fault either. Good OC, realizing their deficiencies or lack of talent, figure out other ways to be successful. Our OC, Coley, never did that. The receivers we have may not be the equal of LSU's, Clemson's, Ohio State's or even Oklahoma's, but they ARE talented and I believe a better OC would have figured out a way to get them the ball in places where they could succeed. I also think that our receivers coach needed to do more to help those guys become better route runners and pass catchers. They never showed any improvement over the course of the season. Maybe they weren't All-SEC or All-American, but they should have at least shown improvement from Game 1 to Game 13 (including SECCG). That that didn't happen, with solid 4- and 5-start talent, has got to fall at the feet of the coaches. A fair question to ask, which we won't ever know the answer to, is how good would Pickens or Blaylock, or even Kearis Jackson, had been if they had played at LSU or Clemson or Ohio State? You might say, they wouldn't even get on the field. I would say, better coaching often makes for better players.