Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Relaxed Georgia QB Jake Fromm explains importance of playing in bowl

2»

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like Jake Fromm. He is a great leader. Great human being. Is he a guy to get us a NC? I don't think so. Why not? He's had 2 chances. But the bottom line is, he doesn't make plays with his legs. Joe Burrow does, Tua does, Trevor Lawrence brought Clemson back from the brink of death with his running, Jalen hurts does. He killed UGA anyone remember? Cam Newton, Jamarcus Russell, Nick Marshall, Deshaun Watson, Vince Young, even Doug Flutie back in the day.

I think this day and age when the shrapnel is flying late in a close game you have to have a guy who can do something with his legs. I'm sorry but Jake can't do that. I watched Tua beat us with his legs and the same with Hurts. When the pressure is on Jake he can't extend plays and scramble and that is the difference in being great and a really good player. If Lawrence can't run in that game Saturday, then Clemson gets beat, plain and simple. Great passer aside.

Everyone on here(I think) would like for UGA to win a Natty. If you believe we can do that with Jake if he comes back that's cool, I will be pulling for him too. As of right now he's our best chance. I'm just offering my realistic assessment. Hope I'm wrong. Then you can all laugh at me and I'll be eating crow, but celebrating a Natty!

P.S. it was going to be extremely hard for Fields to come in and beat out Jake after "almost" leading us to the Natty. But if you believe he got a fair chance to showcase his talent( other than mopping up late in the 4th quarter), then I don't know what you were watching. If there was one thing CKS was going to make darn sure he didn't have was a QB controversy.

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

While Fromm said the bowl game (any) is an opportunity to play one play one last time "with" my brothers, it goes deeper, for the word "for" could (should) be used, too - as in "for" my brothers and "for" the millions of fans whose money made possible our education and this "opportunity" we'd otherwise never get. Perhaps the NCAA should stipulate that if you take money for an education, that is a contract that, like all contracts, should be honored until legible to go pro. Draft grades should be done in time to let each know where he stands, and insurance policies made accordingly, for the money us fans provide can certainly cover such - look what coaches are paid (not that such is bad - market economy). We who foot the bills are shafted when our best do not show up for bowl games when not in the playoffs. This needs correcting. Imagine contracts being honored: is such an idea not novel these days? One last thing - why do I have to repeatedly sign in to post comments?

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DawgOn...I too have to often sign in?? No idea why?

My gripe also....this opting out of non-playoff bowl games is getting really old. We support UGA and expect players to show up unless injured. A college becomes nothing more than a NFL boot camp! What about the education you supposedly signed-on for and received an athletic scholarship for? Oh dear me, I am so naive!!! LOL

Beat Baylor anyway!!!! GO DAWGS!!!