Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Georgia football ended up missing on Tank Bigsby, Theo Johnson and some of its top targets

2»

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was disappointed last year when Haselwood chose Oklahoma, but it was a blessing in disguise because Pickens flipped from Auburn. I sincerely believe Pickens is the best of those 2 receivers and only time will tell. Yes indeed Oklahoma made the playoffs (again), but they proved (AGAIN) they didn’t deserve to be there. I didn’t think anyone could look worse than UGa against LSU, but the Sooners proved me very, very wrong. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

I don't think UGA's "tactics" are a problem. Most recruits say the opposite, that the staff is upfront and honest with them. We've signed top rated classes every year since Kirby has been here, so I don't see how our "tactics" are causing us to lose many prospects. We just couldn't convince Johnson and we're looking at higher rated prospects than Tank.....don't think it was our tactics.

If we sign all these top rated players, Kirby will look real hard at the transfer portal for a dual threat QB. I think Fromm's draft stock may go up some from what it is now and he could go pro. It's at least 50/50 right now that he goes pro. Beck is good and has a great attitude, but he will still be a freshman.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

This was actually published on a pro UGA website ??? Wow ! We have to sign Evans, Washington, Ringo, Jones and Van Pran ! Go Dawgs !

• Options
    GaDawgNTexasGaDawgNTexas Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

It has absolutely nothing to do with coddling a player. Its about being a main priority or a fall back option. Coaches have main targets and fallbacks. Why would you want to commit to a school when they clearly want another kid? But if that kid doesn't come then they reverse back around to get you as some sort of consolation. For all we know tank desperately wanted to be a dawg but uga desperately wants another kid.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tank Bigsby was going right down the road to Auburn the whole time. Do not believe a word he said. Now he is just trying to make Georgia look bad. On a side note, there is not a finer, more straight-up, honest, good person or coach than RB coach Dell McGee at UGA. So stop with your bull. Hey Tank, UGA CANNOT WAIT either, to play you and Auburn and take you and Auburn down for the next 4 years. Thanks for the added incentive. See you between the hedges in about 11 months. After your trash talking and lies, trashing UGA and trying to hurt their recruiting since you know you and Auburn will need all the help and luck you can get to win the entire time you are at Auburn. And by the way, enjoy your time In Auburn. Every time I go there, and it is frequently and college football aside, I cannot wait to leave that town.