Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart has Georgia dialed in: 'Time to get better and go grow'

2»

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

@MobileDawg...

Sure I can live with disappointment. It's just not where I'd rather be.

Just remember, we may end up 11-3 after tomorrow. I think Baylor will give us a game, and with all the injuries and players choosing to sit out we could lose this game. I'm ok with that considering how disappointing this season was overall. However, I will be happy as a clam and super stoked if we win against Baylor.

If you don't demand perfection from your team, coaches, and players then you shouldn't be disappointed in the results. As that AT&T commercial says, ' Just OK is NOT ok '.

Kirby says he demands better results yet he has come up short every year. Fans can still be excited and happy with a great win, but they also have the right to be upset and frustrated with losing both games we SHOULD have won and also not meeting our goals. Don't forget, as much as people didn't like Richt, he did produce (10) 10+ win seasons during his tenure. That sounds great, but we all know that he never brought us to the promised land. Some people will be satisfied with those kind of results. I'm not one of them.

If Kirby isn't satisfied then the fans shouldn't be either. And if he can't do the job then maybe there is someone else that can.

I stand firmly by what I said earlier:

' Kirby is going into his 5th season with record recruiting classes - in fact, possibly the best recruiting run over the last 3 years in recent memory. We have no excuses.

We open next season with Virginia and then 2 weeks later we play Alabama in Tuscaloosa. If we lose either one of those games then I am officially DONE with CKS. His time to seriously turn this program into a 1st tier team will be finished. It will be time to move on. '

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Montana, in the past three of Kirby's first four years, he has produced 13, 11, and quite possibly 12 win seasons and backed it up with top three recruiting classes each of those years! Lord help us all if he should produce a Richt-like 10 win season! Of course, all but just a few of us in Dawg Nation were ecstatic when Richt produced 10 wins which included a BELK BOWL championship and was given a raise and extention! Thank God for Kirby raising that remarkably low bar!

If producing a national champion in the first four years of a coaching career is your standard, please enlighten us all as to whom the coach should be.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

@ShoottheHooch...

How 'bout Dabo or Saban? Hey, you asked, and I provided you with (2) coaches that are definitely better than CKS. I might even say that Orgeron and Day are at least equivalent or possibly better. Last I checked, LSU beat a CKS team TWICE now and beat Bama (which Kirby can't seem to do). And we haven't played OSU. Ask me in another year or two, and I'll let you know about those two coaches.

CKS is better than Richt. CMR seemed to be satisfied with mediocre results, even though we had Top 10 recruiting classes during much of his tenure. He did produce 11+ wins in (4) seasons.

Bottom line: Kirby is not satisfied with his results. Why should you be?

If someone is going into his 5th season as a head coach, and he is not meeting his goals then what should we do? If we lose to Bama for the 3rd time under CKS or lay an egg against Virginia should we just accept it and move on? Is that what you do? Do you keep the CEO who can't quite get the job done and isn't making his OWN goals?

Millions of dollars on coaches salaries, facilities, etc. - as an UGA alum, $ contributor, and diehard fan should I just grin and bare it and be happy we're winning more games - but only have made it to the playoffs ONCE?