Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jamie Newman: Future Bulldogs weigh in on the new QB at UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,570 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageJamie Newman: Future Bulldogs weigh in on the new QB at UGA

What did a few future teammates have to say about Georgia adding dual-treat QB Jamie Newman out of the transfer portal? DawgNation rounded up their thoughts.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seriously? And we should care what Arik Gilbert thinks? Why?

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm loving the talent we got in this class. Not sure what is left for February 5th but we got some horses offensively and some stout bulls on defense. If we can survive early and give this offense a little time to gel, we might end up pretty darn good!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We need to sign a real bull, 5-star OL commit Broderick Jones....6'5" 275. He is visiting Pittman at Ark. soon. Pittman got him to commit to HIM and left UGA now is stealing UGA personnel and recruits. I fear we could lose this one. Also, Sedrick Van Pran, UGA OL commit but not signed. He and Jones are tight. They are scheduled to announce Fed 5.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pittman was a great recruiter and is now at Arkansas. B Jones is taking an official to Arkansas only out of respect. Respect for the guy who recruited him, nothing more.

Family ties and playing close to home are far more important to Jones. He would never ever play in Arkansas.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A DB with the size and speed of Ringo is unheard-of! For years our DBs were munchkins. Now Kirby has brought in a legit corner with the speed to hang with the fastest receivers and the size of a safety bordering on LB. Unimaginable!

This receivers class reminds me of Bama's three years ago. I hope Newman plays great in the spring and fall and that Beck plays even better. Beck being described as, "Fromm's head with Stafford's arm" is an intriguing combination plus he is more athletic than either Fromm or Stafford. It would be great for a young QB to grow with the receivers, but whichever QB that gives us the best chance to win is fine with me!

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options

Timothy952. ..I was a bit on the sour side about Pittman and Jones is all..so I included coaching personnel. I guess I should have used a different word...luring, wooing, enticing...better? Pittman has been after UGA personnel and recruits...both fair game. That I did not dispute. I have my own theories about Pittman and his recruiting while at UGA...and those are my opinions! You have yours!

• Options

Newman has been hyped to the celestials. He is a dual threat with size and power...running ability. What some seem to believe is that Kirby made a deal with him to..lure him to UGA...better word there Timothy?? That is the chatter in the hustings. That means he would auto start....which would not be a good thing. I believe he will compete with Beck and the others. Jamie is good for one season. Then, I hope Carson Beck can assume the mantle...if he proves out. IMO. Let's hear from you, Timothy!