Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Broderick Jones: How does he feel as his officials are set to begin?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageBroderick Jones: How does he feel as his officials are set to begin?

Broderick Jones is a vital part of Georgia's 2020 class. The 5-star OT remains committed but he did not sign during the early period. He will take the first of at least three scheduled official visits to Arkansas this weekend.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MLVMLV Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

With 2 multi-year starting tackles having left early for the NFL, and with Broderick Jones fully capable of competing for those now-open tackle spots as an incoming freshman, if he went elsewhere it would be the most perplexing decommitment ever.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's Great to be a Georgia Bulldog!!!!

Sign with the G!!!!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA lost numerous linemen this year

The Auburn O-Line coach lef

UGA owns Auburn

The talent UGA has and is bringing in.

I am very confident that Mr. Jones and Van Prater will both sign with UGA.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do not underestimate the emotional bond between Pittman and Jones. Jones gave up TN visit because Pittman called him over to Ark. I have a strong check in my spirit over Jones. I thought he was all in for UGA...uh uh.....it will now be tough to land him. I would hate to have to play aghaoinst him at Ark. or Auburn. My HOPE is Matt Luke will become UGA's Pittman with Jones +...at his visit. UGA MUST sign this TOP hold out!!! Van Pran will sign I firmly believe.

• Options

Sorry about the spelling of ......against. I thought I proofed...guess not.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sometimes, in life, there are wants, and, then, there are needs. At times they can be one in the same; other times what you truly need might not be what you want (dieting). Broderick is both needed (like Newman), and wanted (unlike Evans, who we actually needed). Broderick, become a DAWG, for no student body, nor home school college fans at large, will show you more love.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess I still don't understand. Because Pittman was at Georgia, he was (apparently) all Dawg!. Because Pittman is no longer at Georgia, he's open to everywhere else. He's going to visit Pittman, but he's not automatically set with Pittman, which I don't understand since (apparently) Pittman was the glue that kept him bound to Georgia. Nothing else about UGA has changed except that.

• Options

I hope Broderick Jones is not automatically set with Pittman. Maybe he is just showing some grace to an old friend who recruited him personally, so he gave up his TN visit to oblige him. Pittman, some have said, is a snake oil salesman. He recruits to himself. Jones has got to see what UGA offers, vs Ark or Auburn. UGA is a hot commodity now, IMO.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here is the thing that just KILLS me y'all. Former Georgia OL coach Sam Pittman was an INCREDIBLE recruiter, right??? <---everyone (who hasn't been up underneath a rock since 2016) KNOWS that Sam Pittman can recruit.. HOWEVER, WHY, oh WHY... couldn't those MASSIVE MONSTERS MOVE PEOPLE OUT OF THE WAY????? I (for one) am happy about the shake up, and the change to new OL coach Matt Luke this up-coming year. Maybe now??? Our beloved Georgia Bulldogs won't have to get SEVEN FREAKING CHANCES inside of the FIVE YARD LINE.... and after all of that?, only to have to settle to kick a field goal against the Swamp Lizards!!!! In my humble opinion, the O-line MASSIVELY under-performed with Sam Pittman. I am hopeful that now, that is all about to change with some "new blood" being injected into the DAWGS with the new OL coach Matt Luke. RANT OVER!!! PS- He (Matt Luke) certainly looked extra hungry, and most passionate about his job while he was storming up and down the sidelines in the Sugar Bowl against Baylor!!!!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am very confident Jones will sign with UGA. Every box has been checked for him. He had no intention of signing with TN; therefore, going to see Pittman at Arkansas wasn't a difficult change of schedule. He is going to see Pittman likely because they developed a good relationship. That courtesy visit is from one friend to another, nothing more. Pittman was an elite recruiter in part because he had the backing of an elite school-UGA. That is gone now that he is at Arkansas. Jones doesn't even know the when or who of the Auburn visit, and, they have a brand new OL coach. This is a one horse race. Just like how a race horse always has its eyes covered so does UGA until we cross the finish line. Analogy served. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Commit to the G ! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's a long way from GA to Arkansas for your family to get to see you play football. Arkansas will not compete for an SEC nor National Title in 5 to 6 years, no matter who coaches them. UGA is on the cusp annually. Go Dawgs!