Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

New Georgia OC Todd Monken trades 'total mess' for championship quest

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageNew Georgia OC Todd Monken trades 'total mess' for championship quest

Georgia football likely only needs to score 24 points a game next season to go undefeated, and Kirby Smart is counting on Todd Monken to deliver

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There has been very little if any improvement in the WR corps under Hankton. That's the only questionable coaching hire by Smart. Vandy is not the place to go for a receiver's coach. Since Coley has previous experience with receivers, make him the receiver's coach and move Hankton to special teams. Monken will surely want to coach QBs.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

“ If Monken’s offense can score 24 points in each game next season, it’s hard to project the Bulldogs losing “

It will take more than 24 pts to beat Ala Sept 19th

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’ve been thinking on this. It’s appears to me that Carson Becks abilities to effectively read a defense and distribute the ball may be more suitable to Monkens offensive philosophy. Perhaps Newman was a get that we got before we were POSITIVE Monken was coming. Perhaps that’s why Coley was kept, doesn’t he have more experience with QB’s like Newman. Just thoughts but I’d be surprised if we don’t see Beck put up the kind of contest that Fromm did against Eason and maybe even have a decent shot at earning the nod as QB1. We’ll see how fast he develops. Will be a fun offseason! Go dawgs.

• Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am ready to see this offense flourish ! Go Dawgs !

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hot Dawg for the first time in 2 years with Cooley out the way and Fromm gone we will not spend the whole game with the QB in the Pistol formation a prostyle set is just so much better

A OC with a system that game plans each team is such an improvement.

A man who can work with and improve QB play is a boon for this team who will have a new starter next year. Winston has looked like a clown since Monken left the Bucks

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ddavis, I agree that it would be great to have QB competition, but I doubt seriously that Beck (right out of HS) has more experience and is better reading defenses compared to Newman (in his 5th year in college). I do agree that Beck has a ton of potential down the road and let’s not forget about D’Wan because he demonstrated in the G-Day game that he too is very talented. Stay tuned and go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It does seem like the G-Day game reveals some of the true talent, especially at QB. But I see Kirby and Monken sorting this out before then. UGA has so many newbies, it will take some time to coalesce as a unit. Newman has one year...my guess is, he is the play-caller looking to the NFL. Kirby will have to build again for 2021....possibly with Carson Beck..kid has an arm and is quite mobile...from videos I've seen...yes, I know it is a HS situation. I admit D'Wan is also quite impressive. I just cannot get by the brain surgery for some reason.