Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football adds offseason excitement, QB stars endorse Todd Monken

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football adds offseason excitement, QB stars endorse Todd Monken

ATHENS — New Georgia offensive coordinator Todd Monken hasn’t been introduced to the Georgia football fanbase yet, and Kirby Smart might not allow the 53-year-old NFL veteran to talk until fall drills. But there’s enough of a history behind Monken that Bulldogs’ fans should be able to sense what all the excitement is

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! Sounds like Kirby got the right man for the job. Everybody already knows Kirby's going to field a great defense on an annual basis.

Now with the additions of coach Luke who had previous head coaching experience, and Monken who has NFL OC and HC experience along with Coley, who in my opinion was handcuffed by not having enough receivers, and may still be a much better offensive coach than his 1 year at UGA showed, this looks like a very well balanced offensive staff.

With the talent that this staff has and will continue to bring in, the sky really is the limit. It's great to be a UGA Dawg!

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't care about this guy's CV or the long list of people who wants to give him references......I just want to see 50 points a game and 15-0

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Also I just read where a guy named Faulkner left Southern Miss has their OC to take a job with Georgia as some kind of analyst....Must have took a lot of money to get a guy named Faulkner to leave Mississippi

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This really sounds like something is going on with Coley. They keep saying he's staying. But I don't see it. They're basically hiring people to do his job. Faulkner is supposed to be a qb coach/analyst. So where does that leave Coley?

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope he can recruit too. Our talent depth has been the primary advantage these last 3 years and even this upcoming season in spite of the attrition.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Receivers coach would be my guess. He's done it before, and the position has been the weak point since he stopped. The group's attrition coming into last season is a fair point, but still, I have a hard time believing he'll be going from newly-appointed Assistant Head Coach to unemployed just like that.